Madison & Oswego Counties ready to go P25 July 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0untyb0y

From what I've heard today, Madison and Oswego are ready to cut over to their new radio systems in just under two weeks.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
So maybe the Oswego system won't be so silent on my scanners. Been in the scan list waiting for some chatter, it shows some hits, but haven't heard them.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Where are you monitoring the Oswego County system from? The digital system is already in testing phase, and I have logged 16 talkgroups so far. The system is not silent. Public Safety won't be migrated to the new system till atleast Septmeber. Only testing will be occuring during July & August. What scanner are you using to monitor the system? If you are not close to a tower, you will likey encounter simulcast digital distortion.

c0untyb0y

the information I received likely came through a third party to begin with so if anyone has better first hand knowledge of when the switch overs will be taking place, by all means advise same. I am planning on taking my PSR 600 and a laptop in to MadCo and start logging talk group info if no one else has it.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
I can verify Madison Co. I don't remember the exact date, but the 23rd sounds about right. Madison County, and I would assume Oswego will be doing a soft switchover in stages. Madison Co. will be switching the PDs first and then moving EMS and fire. All the PDs have been going through training the last couple of weeks.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Ok, here is some of the first info logged for the Oswego County system. I also submitted this to the database for updating to the system.

8046 Fire Dispatch
8047 Fireground 7
8301 Altmar Fire Ops
8309 Constantia Fire Ops
8313 Fulton City Fire Ops
8316 Hastings Fire Ops
8321 Minetto Fire Ops
8341 Pulaski Fire Ops
8339 Redfield Fire Ops
8348 West Monroe Fire Ops
8349 Williamstown Fire Ops

8003 Highway Dispatch
8012 Law Dispatch
8094 radios techs testing

0001 Onondaga County Fire Control is also coming through (from the master site) onto the Oswego County system. A nice feature... thanks!

Last edited:

wgnadt

New E-911 radio system goes online July 23 in Oswego County

Oswego, NY -- Oswego County will roll out its new E-911 radio communication system Monday — earlier than originally anticipated -- and Madison County will start operating its improved system that same day for its law enforcement, probation and highway personnel.

Link to complete article:

New E-911 radio system goes online July 23 in Oswego County | syracuse.com

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Len, I'm monitoring in Fulton but only evenings after work so I probably miss a lot of the testing. I'm near the watertower, but last I looked the signal I'm seeing suggests the signal is not from there.....yet. Using PRO-106 and 197

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I've heard this is going into effect and I'm wondering... why am I now receiving Madison county 911 on their vhf high frequency better all of the sudden?

I just noticed it yesterday while checking around on my scanner. I could rarely hear anything from home but now I'm getting constant, clear traffic. And no, there has been no change in any equipment I am using.

Jis sayin... seems kinda weird...

Anyone have any ideas or info on this?

SCPD

QRT
Well I can answer some of this. The system WILL go live at 10AM today. All Fire/EMS/Law will switch to this at this time. All tower sites are up and have been online.

k2hz

Database Admin
At 8am on 159.240 the Madison County dispatcher announced "Control to all county units - use the new radio system".

I am not able to hear the new system from my location.

SCPD

QRT
The switch over in Oswego County happens at 10am this morning July 23,2012.

Correct...as stated in my post above.....very busy at the center getting ready....should be a smooth transition. All tests complete. A talkgroup list will be coming shortly....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've imported the list of TG's for Oswego, however there appears to be a bug in the system and I'm unable to edit them in order to complete the update. I've contacted Lindsay about the problem, so just bear with us until we get it sorted out and I can finish getting the info entered.

In the meanwhile if anyone wants to go through the new TG's and come up with some better descriptions or alpha tags for each TG, as well as define what they are in terms of Fire-Tac, Law-Tac, etc., that would be great. The list that was submitted was very vague with regard to some TG's.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was contacted by the original submitter, and we should have TG clarifications forthcoming, so you guys can stand down for now. Also, Lindsay is aware of the bug with editing the TG's and is working on it.

Last edited:

c0untyb0y

Is anyone listening to Madison County and identified the Law talk groups?

Yes, I plan to do so tomorrow while I'm at work. I have the templates but not the talk group info, so I'm hoping it'll be easy to figure out.

BTW... I've always been able to hear the VHF side of Oswego County Fire Dispatch from my house and after the switch over it sounds a helluva lot better. Will it stay after narrowbanding or is this just temporary until a UHF frequency gets up and running?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The following changes were just made to the Oswego TG's:

8003 - County DOT
8004 - Highway Ops (County DOT)
8005 - County DOT Admin
8007 - County Highway Parish
8008 - County DOT Scriba Base
8020 - Removed from system
8028 - Removed from system
8029 - Removed from system
8031 - Removed from system
8033 - Removed from system
8034 - Removed from system
8044 - Removed from system
8049 - Removed from system
8056 - Removed from system
8061 - NYS DEC ENCON Officers Admin
8062 - Removed from system
8317 - Removed from system
8323 - Removed from system

For those wondering which 12 TG's were deleted, there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.