NYPD "alert"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
While listening to Manhattan Zone 4, MTN MRS & 17. I've heard the dispatchers saying the North is on alert. I'm assuming this means they are running out if sector cars. Can anyone confirm this or know of the correct meaning? Thanks.

Jeff

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Someone else with more knowledge of this please jump in. No RMPs to dispatch, all are on jobs already.

one11sgt

Alert is when a non priority job has been holding for 20 minutes or more. Next step is Backlog, when 5 or more low priorities are holding for 20 min or more, or a priority is holding for more than 5 minutes, or any job is very old. If a sector has to have a job reassigned that may be an hour old and no one is available to take it, it can skip right to backlog.

Last edited:

sc800

The sad thing about MTN going to alert is that there was probably a uniformed NYPD officer within 100 feet of where the call was, but I guess it is more important that the IMPACT officers keep writing B's and C's and the out of boro cars flown in for CRV (which I thought was ended) drive around and do whatever it is they do

one11sgt

Its like that everywhere. The NYPD has sadly forgotten what its primary purpose is, answering calls for assistance.

comspec

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

And it is not just a term. Sector cars can't go to meal until they are out of alert.

Its fun listening to how fast they can clear a backlog if they have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.