RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 6:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default NYSP PL Counts From Mount Morris

Three days of scanning in Mount Morris yielded the following counts:

Troop A Base to Car 155.505 110.9
Car to Base 155.535 127.3
Troop E Base to Car 154.905 110.9
Car to Base 154.770 110.9
Car to Car 154.665 110.9
Data 155.625 110.9
State 154.695 CSQ

No counts on any other base to car or car to base PLís

No counts on any of the VHF or UHF interop frequencies
††††††††
Old 08-04-2012, 7:08 PM

Good stuff, gentleman.

Since it's going to be tough to verify every single base transmitter across the entire state, I think what we'll do is leave the Base to Mobile tone fields blank for the time being. That way, if there is a rogue transmitter or two still not putting out the 110.9 PL, we won't be locking anyone out from hearing their local Troop.

I'm sure by early next year, once the narrowband deadline has passed, it'll be a safer bet to go ahead and add the 110.9 PL to the Base to Mobile entries.

Thanks again for all the ears on this, and please continue to note specific barracks that you're hearing the new tone on the base station.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Default NYSP Repeaters

Can anyone confirm if the NYSP is planning on making use of repeaters since they are adding PL tones to the Bases?
Here is Troop F, there are capabilities for repeaters at each tower location. It almost appears as though they plan on making use of repeaters with different PL tones for each site. This would be a great improvement over current communications however, there still will be numerous transmissions on the same frequency just with a different PL.

Any ideas?
Old 08-07-2012, 5:23 PM

Interesting you should ask this question Troop F recently applied for a license on 154.905 as a repeater In northern Ulster county Overlook Mountain . Seems its been sent back as i see added justification letters.

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0005105014 - NEW YORK, STATE OF DIVISION OF STATE POLICE - Administration
Old 08-10-2012, 8:27 AM
NY / NJ Moderator

Troop F SP Middletown, Monroe and Montgomery are all using 110.9. Every transmission for the past week has popped the PL. For car-base, I've only seen 146.2 from zone 2 units.

I heard rumor of all site switching to repeaters as well so we may want to check the ULS occasionally for any changes to FB2.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post
Troop F SP Middletown, Monroe and Montgomery are all using 110.9. Every transmission for the past week has popped the PL.
I'm listening to Middletown calling 2F26 right now with no PL, sounds like it's coming off Graham.
Old 08-10-2012, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post
Troop F SP Middletown, Monroe and Montgomery are all using 110.9. Every transmission for the past week has popped the PL. For car-base, I've only seen 146.2 from zone 2 units.

I heard rumor of all site switching to repeaters as well so we may want to check the ULS occasionally for any changes to FB2.
they are running jackie jones in repeater mode this weekend for the ironman triathlon
Old 08-10-2012, 9:56 PM

[QUOTE=Chauffeur6;1799782]I'm listening to Middletown calling 2F26 right now with no PL, sounds like it's coming off Graham.
graham is the only site the oc cars use that hasnt been changed becuse it is serviced by KJBL and they havnt started programming sites yet.
Old 08-11-2012, 8:33 PM
NY / NJ Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
I'm listening to Middletown calling 2F26 right now with no PL, sounds like it's coming off Graham.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acm10 View Post
Graham is the only site the oc cars use that hasnt been changed because it is serviced by KJBL and they havnt started programming sites yet.
Well I just switched to my PSR and you are correct. Graham is still CSQ but all the others have 110.9 from what I can tell. My antenna connection is shot on my old Uniden so I wasen't hearing Graham from this side of the County.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Multistate DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Liberty had in the past a PL tone, but it was hit or miss, never figured out what tower it was off of (they have a choice of three IIRC and also have/had a voter at the troop to pick the best tower to transmit back off of).

Last time I was in there, it was still a rats nest of wires, tape and lots of use.

Although not in the loop that I was due to a career change out of the area, there was a lot of changes planned when I talked to the guys in the spring, but with so many hands in the pot(s), I am not sure what is heads or tails.
Old 08-14-2012, 5:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

this fall the radio shop is having all radio vendors narrow band the tower sites, and the new CTCSS will be used after that point. at least that was the game plan last I knew. that could have changed by now.

@ RadioComm: yes, there is a handful of towers that can act as half duplex repeaters. there is a bank in each mobile and portable (i presume) called "Zn REPEAT" (where n = zone number) and using the right set of CTCSS enables the repeater function. this bank also includes the normal zone repeaters, such as a MRD channel if so equipped.
Old 08-14-2012, 5:39 PM
Multistate DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I forget which troop it was, but most consoles (when configured) can do the poor mans repeater trick by doing a manual patch from rx audio over the troop tx audio.

After many decades, California CHP has started to do this to make a poor mans repeater on lowband.

You are correct that using a different PL will "turn on" the repeater but its slightly more complicated than that, but its a pain in the butt to try to explain it over the internet.
Old 10-04-2012, 6:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

the SP radio shop will be teaming up with the Troop radio vendors shortly, if not already, and will be going Troop by Troop a week at a time upgrading all radios - towers, bases, mobiles - to narrow band. D Troop is the last week of October/first week of November. If they're going alphabetically, then A Troop should start next week.
Old 10-05-2012, 6:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

B was done at the end of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0untyb0y View Post
the SP radio shop will be teaming up with the Troop radio vendors shortly, if not already, and will be going Troop by Troop a week at a time upgrading all radios - towers, bases, mobiles - to narrow band. D Troop is the last week of October/first week of November. If they're going alphabetically, then A Troop should start next week.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default NYSP Base To Car--All Troops Except T

Hi-110.9 is PL for all base to cars now they all rebanding was done. Prior to this...all base to car was CSQ-open squelch. I am so happy now that I don't have to hear Scarsdale Police,also Bronxville and Tuckahoe bleed over to 155.505 as they are so close to me here in Crestwood. Great move, TMC!!
Hope this solves your mistery.

Bob(Westchester County, NY)
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2012, 2:26 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Troop D Oneida seems to be using 110.9Hz now as well, just noticed this today, i dont usually moniter NYSP on my scanner.
Old 10-23-2012, 6:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Troop G was heard using 110.9 PL this afternoon.
Old 11-23-2012, 1:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I am still hearing Troop D Zone 2 on both 155.505 (Base) and 155.580 (Mobile) using PL 146.2. In fact I just heard it again as I was typing this.