Nassau EDACS Change - OWPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2jtx

Until recently, I could listen to Old Westbury PD by programming my scanner to listen to LCN 15 on 851.625MHz. Then OWPD started having radio problems and the channel went silent. I now see that OWPD rotates through the available LCN's just like other users of the system. They no longer use LCN 15 exclusively and I am getting some voices occasionally but also what sounds like the EDACS control channel at times.
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX8-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

To listen to the edacs sysyem, and properly hear the talkgroups, you need to program the system as an edacs system.

n2jtx

I do have EDACS programmed in on my scanner along with various TG's. However, I was advised on this site a year ago that I could also listen to OWPD independently of the rest of the EDACS system by programming 851.625MHz to its own conventional channel as OWPD was using LCN 15 exclusively (up to a few days ago). That worked quite well the past year I was monitoring it. However, due to problems with the EDACS system, that appears to have been changed as they now rotate through all the channels like everyone else.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I never knew that was even possible. Thats pretty cool. So are you able to still hear them on the system?

ipfd320

Banned
I Thought Port Washington was Using the METRO 21 System----When did they Start Using the NASSAU County 800???
Is It Possible they went to the Nassau County,s 500 Meg Bands???

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Port Washington has been on the Nassau EDACS 800 trs for a while with the talk groups below.

The OP here is talking about Old Westbury Police (OWPD)

04-083 PD Patrol 1
04-091 PD Patrol 2
04-092 PD Tactical
04-093 PD Detective
04-094 PD Narcotics
04-095 Administrative
04-096 Inter Agency
09-076 FD Chief
09-077 FD Maintenance
13-074 Pt Wash FD

n2jtx

Sorry for the delay in getting back here. August has been a month a travel all over the place and I finally have a clear calendar. I have been monitoring the EDACS system and whatever the problem was with the system forcing OWPD to share channels back in July has apparently been fixed as I have noted they are back on LCN 15 again. My scanner programmed to 851.6250MHz is hearing them fine.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay in getting back here. August has been a month a travel all over the place and I finally have a clear calendar. I have been monitoring the EDACS system and whatever the problem was with the system forcing OWPD to share channels back in July has apparently been fixed as I have noted they are back on LCN 15 again. My scanner programmed to 851.6250MHz is hearing them fine.

The radio for channel 15 was probably shot or something, or turned off

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
MY question is why can't I hear OW's talk group on the system? I see it when monitoring the control channel but no audio when holding on the tg programed into the system. Are they in a "fail soft" mode? I receive other tgs no problem. When I hear OW conventionally I also hear the trailing beeps and "busy" like buzzing between comms.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Interesting.... I know I saw OWPD on the system earlier in the week when I was monitoring with Unitrunker. If memory serves me correctly, I was able to monitor them on the trunk system, but they were a lot noisier than anyone else coming INTO the trunk system. A lot of static.

I'll lock the Control radio onto them and see if I can still monitor them.

Status
Not open for further replies.