Downsville, NY 154.385

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFR465

All,

After another quiet (only cuz I missed quite a fire 25 minutes from me in Delhi)... I noticed activity by Downsville units (while presumably at the Conesville parade) on 154.385. I wasn't able to capture a pl.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Actually, I'm going to add it to the DB now, and when you or someone else verifies the PL/DPL, I'll update the listing. No reason it shouldn't be in the DB now that you've verified activity.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
In checking Delaware county...and others theres a boat load of new licenses out there.....and as many pending...it would be a full time job to keep up...

MFR465

The following are new licenses in Delaware County that I rummaged through this morning on the FCC website. Some are in fact still pending, while others are actually active.

I have added a separate bank in my scanner for Labor Day weekend when I'm up there to see what I can pin point. Unfortunately, as we all know, depending on how busy (or lack there of) the county is, it may be difficult to pin point and/or confirm this information.

If anyone is able to assist in this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll see if I can stop down in Stamford (it's the closest to me from Grand Gorge) and see if they're willing to spill some inside info.

155.0175 ANDES RX
158.9700 ANDES TX
159.2025 BLOOMVILLE RX
154.8075 BLOOMVILLE TX
453.5875 DELAWARE CO (Simulcast of 46.06 off Utsy Tower in Stamford, pl 100.0)
458.5875 DELAWARE CO (Simulcast of 46.06 off Utsy Tower in Stamford, pl 100.0)
453.3875 DELAWARE CO (TRS ???)
453.5625 DELAWARE CO (TRS ???)
460.4625 DELAWARE CO (TRS ???)
154.0400 DELHI RX
156.0000 DELHI TX
154.3775 DOWNSVILLE RX
159.2625 DOWNSVILLE TX
453.4750 FRANKLIN
453.5250 FRANKLIN
453.5625 FRANKLIN
154.1450 HAMDEN
154.3550 HAMDEN
154.3325 STAMFORD
154.9725 STAMFORD
155.0025 STAMFORD
453.1500 TROUT CREEK

Best of luck!!!

Chris

N2ZPY

Feed Provider
Delaware County is supposed to be going to a new UHF system for our fire/EMS dispatch. This would explain the simulcast of 46.060.

Kevin

MFR465

Yes... I do remember reading that a while back. There were also talks of a multi-county UHF TRS between Delaware, Greene and Otsego (possibly Schoharie as well). I haven't heard much more on it though.

I will try my best and see what I can come up with this weekend.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I dont know about the whole multi county thing.....i have heard that greene and deleware want to share a tower in the western part of greene ....that greenes planing on putting up......somewhere in lexington/prattsville but thats down the road.....

MFR465

Yeah... like I said... that was a while ago so who knows what's happened since.

Still kills me that Greene isn't operating with a pl on 46.14. Tired of hearing Rensselaer and Schoharie bleed over on my mobile! That damn repeater on Chair Mountain doesn't make a peep either!

Should be interesting to see what's down the road... hopefully I can shed some light on these other licenses...........

chaser915

Premium Subscriber
Yeah... like I said... that was a while ago so who knows what's happened since.

Still kills me that Greene isn't operating with a pl on 46.14. Tired of hearing Rensselaer and Schoharie bleed over on my mobile! That damn repeater on Chair Mountain doesn't make a peep either!

Should be interesting to see what's down the road... hopefully I can shed some light on these other licenses...........

Funny you mention 46.14. I am in Schoharie and cannot receive 46.14 out of Greene Co. Same with 155.91...no matter what I try, I simply cannot pull them in. Once in a great while I can hear 155.895.

I get some of the Delware Co. stuff , so I'll pay closer attention to see if I can confirm any new freqs.

MFR465

Yeah. 46.14 is a mess really. From my place in Grand Gorge I'll get the southwest section of the county no problem. Anything outside of that - forget it. Audio is soooo low too. Of course as I sit here and type, not ONE hit on any of those frequencies I listed above of course.

However, the 453.5875 pl 100.0 seems to only rebroadcast the souther end of the county... Specifically the Margaretville area. Speaking of Margaretville... I was getting a "second dispatch" type transmission on 155.235 for Margaretville Hospital EMS I've never gotten before. They'd dispatch the units over 46.06 and then JUST MHEMS would be dispatched with the same information by the same dispatcher on the VHF.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
the 453.5875 pl 100.0 is only linked to the tower at belleayre mtn.....from stamford....poke the other half in and see if ya can hear the mobiles....should be 458.5875 ..those tranmissions will be coming from Belleayre as far as 46.14 your hearing Colonels chair Hunter NY .....the others are too far away....audio.....new dispatchers dont like to sit to close to the mic's...it funny chaser915 dont hear much on those freqs....there all on the same tower...Fire being the highest antenna...but the other day when i was up there one of the super station master antennas is doing a "leaning tower of Pisa" act. and thats on the east side of tower....

MFR465

Thanks! I'll have to keep that in mind next time. As soon as I hit Hubbells Corners area on Route 30, I'd lose the UHF.

Unfortunately, I was not able to capture any PL's while I was up Labor Day Weekend... the county was DEAD!!!!!!!! I did notice, however, quite some updates to the database, but most without PL's.

Regarding 46.14, I just find it very strange that I have yet to hear ANY dispatches EVER to towns like, say, New Baltimore or Greenville. I always lose 46.14 in the Prattsville/Lexington area on Route 13-a and Route 42 interchange. Once I get on 42... well you can just about forget it.

I love lowband, and we all know it travels like WHOA... but what is going to happen when these counties go UHF like anticipated.........? =/

MFR465

Figured this could use a bump being it was quite popular as it was. That being said, I do have some interesting updates since last post.

Of course as soon as I say I've never heard any other portion of Greene County get dispatched on 46.14, there I go getting New Baltimore, Greenville and Cairo. Never fails... I also was getting New Baltimore's VHF repeater. <foot in mouth> Weather related, maybe?

Greene County is simulcasting their VHF sheriffs dispatch on 155.91 PL 123.0 over 453.8125 DPL 331... but only the dispatch side. No units are heard over this channel. This was NOT happening two weeks ago.

I had breakfast with the Roxbury Constable on Saturday in Grand Gorge. Apparently Delaware County is making good progress in terms of UHF infrastucture and one of the towers will be on top of McGregor Mountain which is in Grand Gorge off Route 23 at Jump Brook Road (coincidentally within spitting distance of my house). Now, just trying to figure out why not at Utsy like everything else.......

Anyone with some good input, feel free!!!

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
If Greene is doing that its a Boo booo....mistake etc....And if you think about tower placement... having in on that Mt will serve Western Greene ,Southern Schoharie and of course Eastern Delaware.....remember there going multi sites and lower power....and of course the more the planners add more greene bacs they can charge

MFR465

Never fails LOL.

My foot tastes better with butter anyway HAHA.

Also....... apparently landing zone coordination with Delaware County units are one carrier squelch on 46.06.

Status
Not open for further replies.