Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMango

KB1UAM

I listened for about 20 minutes on both of them and not one bit of static. it sounds like the scanner is in the same room as where the repeater is.

k2hz

Database Admin
Sounds great! Nice clean, clear audio.

Thanks for your efforts to provide 2 quality feeds.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Well done! Both feeds sound real crisp and clear. I've added them to my RR feeds page so I'll be listening often.

Thanks much!

Russell

DANIEL744

request

hello there i been asking for a request for the longest im only 18 soo i dont have money to get a scanner but i wanted to ask if you can add nypd Zone 18 63-69pcts
Frequency 476.9375 i would greatly love it and like the two brooklyn feeds it about time we got some brooklyn feeds thanks a lot

BadMango

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far! Really appreciate it.

Feeds are garbled right now. Monday 9:43 am.

Yes, just listened and the 72/76/78 sounds terrible today. Not sure why, will investigate.
The 66/70 sounds normal for me as of 1pm.

And I'm aware of the 60Hz hum, will get ground loop isolators this week or next.

hello there i been asking for a request for the longest im only 18 soo i dont have money to get a scanner but i wanted to ask if you can add nypd Zone 18 63-69pcts
Frequency 476.9375 i would greatly love it and like the two brooklyn feeds it about time we got some brooklyn feeds thanks a lot

Hi, thanks so much! And I agree, nice to finally have Brooklyn feeds. As for adding an additional feed, I have one more free scanner, however it's currently out of commission. The volume knob broke off, so there's no way to turn it on. I'll try soldering it back on to the board, but it will be a tough fix.
But if and when I get it working, will definitely add another feed!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
And I'm aware of the 60Hz hum, will get ground loop isolators this week or next.

Short term fix for the hum. Buy some cheap 3 - 2 prong adaptors at the hardware store and lift the ground on your PC and anything plugged into it that is grounded.

I don't suggest you keep it this way, as it makes your PC prone to static charges, but its a short term hum fix.

BadMango

Short term fix for the hum. Buy some cheap 3 - 2 prong adaptors at the hardware store and lift the ground on your PC and anything plugged into it that is grounded.

I don't suggest you keep it this way, as it makes your PC prone to static charges, but its a short term hum fix.

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can hack it together.

Any chance of a 73/75 pct feed? It would be wild.

Great suggestion, and I wish I could. In a perfect world, I'd have scanners stacked from floor to ceiling, and you could listen to every street cleaner and meter maid in Brooklyn. But with the size of my paychecks... Fuggedaboutit!

Believe me, the second I get my hands on a working scanner, I'll be happy to provide any Brooklyn feed you guys want.

And thanks again for the support so far, getting decent listener numbers on both of the new feeds!

SCPD

QRT
request

hello there i just wanted to know if there's any update on the request of Zone 18 nypd 63-69 pct i miss hearing that feed since it is in my neighborhood i also wanted to know what happen to these feeds
-NYPD Brooklyn All Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Queens All Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Bronx Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Manhattan Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Staten Island Dispatch Zones
please reply back im very young if i had money i would help with donations

BadMango

hello there i just wanted to know if there's any update on the request of Zone 18 nypd 63-69 pct i miss hearing that feed since it is in my neighborhood i also wanted to know what happen to these feeds
-NYPD Brooklyn All Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Queens All Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Bronx Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Manhattan Dispatch Zones
-NYPD Staten Island Dispatch Zones
please reply back im very young if i had money i would help with donations

Hi,

I currently have no free scanners to host additional feeds. However, I do get good reception on the 63/69 frequency, and if I have enough to budget on an additional scanner in the next few months, will definitely try to get another feed online.

As for the other feeds you mentioned, I believe they were part of the NYC Feed Appliance (http://forums.radioreference.com/li...tration/193677-update-nyc-feed-appliance.html), which, as far as I know, was taken offline due to technical/logistical issues (http://forums.radioreference.com/li...6139-nyc-appliance-feed-down.html#post1646364). The radios were redistributed to volunteers in NYC (including two to yours truly, for the 66/70 and 72/76/78 feeds).

Hope that answers your questions, and have a Happy New Year!

SCPD

QRT
hello there i have a question since a lot of people not listening to NYPD Brooklyn - 72nd, 76th, and 78th Pcts
is there any chance u can switch it to the 63rd-69th i been trying to hear this Frequency for the longest because i live in the area this other radio reference tried it but he doesn't can pick up any Brooklyn Frequencies so i was just asking plz :-{ greatly appreciated

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've got about 5 PSR-400s that I could send out to those that are serious about hosting a feed. The requirements are that you sign a loan agreement for the radio. however, my priority is to increase Manhattan coverage and get a feed up for Kennedy Tower. These 5 radios are slotted for NYC. Anyone game? contact me at lindsay@radioreference.com.

FLA2760

I've got about 5 PSR-400s that I could send out to those that are serious about hosting a feed. The requirements are that you sign a loan agreement for the radio. however, my priority is to increase Manhattan coverage and get a feed up for Kennedy Tower. These 5 radios are slotted for NYC. Anyone game? contact me at lindsay@radioreference.com.

I wish someone would do a NYPD Staten Island feed with one of those radios. The 121 pct will be opening soon on SI if it hasn't already.

SCPD

QRT
feed

@blantonl hello there any update as to when the NYPD ZONE 18 COVERING THE 63 AND THE 69 PCT COMING ON AIR

juaneduardo

Anyone know if there is a live feed for the Staten Island 120 PCT? or any of the ones here in SI? All of the feeds I found are dead.

Thanks in advance guys!

BadMango

NYPD 17/MTN/MTS Test Feed

Hi All,

Just upgraded to a new antenna/PC setup, testing it out now.

NYPD 17/Midtown North/Midtown South channel is sounding great, and quite busy.

So I'd like to a) stress-test the new setup before migrating my other feeds onto it and b) have you guys comment on the audio and feed quality.

To this end, I've set up a private test server here:

Name: BadMango's Test Server
URL: http://radiocheck.co.nr
IP: 24.228.209.136
Password: newyork
Streaming: Manhattan 17th, Midtown North, Midtown South Pcts (476.5875 Mhz)
Format: M3U Playlist
Max Connections: 50

You will need a player that supports .m3u files (like iTunes, Quicktime or VLC) to stream the playlist.
Please note the setup is still in beta, so if you can't connect, please try again later.

So if you have a few minutes, log on, have a listen, and leave feedback using the link provided on the main server page.

Thanks a bunch, and hope you enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.