WNY unknown stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

These are discoveries that don't qualify as database submissions yet. Found with my Homepatrol-1E (Roadpatrol?) while mobile over the weekend.

156.0075/ digital? Cayuga County

Apparently the above freq is coded analog in the database. I was hearing digital transmissions in the Auburn area but the HP-1 does not permit easy mode changes.

46.16 repeated via 462.6375 in Mount Morris

I discovered this with my GMRS transceiver, so I don't have a CTCSS for it.

453.450/D125 chirps near Wyoming County

What is chirping?

RF-Burns

462.6375 Mount Morris uses while on scene instead of using the low band system. I do believe the trucks and chiefs have cross band repeaters in their cars and fire apparatus so their transmissions can be heard by fire dispatch and mutual aid companies. They have been using this system for about a year now. They bought all used HT1000 on Ebay and other sites to get the system up and running due to no real funds to purchase new equipment so I have been told by a local radio shop in the area.

453.450 Wyoming County. Per the head of Wyoming EOC when I asked about this, that frequency will someday be the dispatch channel for the county when the low band system is turned off. Projections are 5 to 10 years was the estimate he gave me. Right now they are testing the frequency which is being transmitted from Warsaw.

These are discoveries that don't qualify as database submissions yet. Found with my Homepatrol-1E (Roadpatrol?) while mobile over the weekend.

156.0075/ digital? Cayuga County

Apparently the above freq is coded analog in the database. I was hearing digital transmissions in the Auburn area but the HP-1 does not permit easy mode changes.

46.16 repeated via 462.6375 in Mount Morris

I discovered this with my GMRS transceiver, so I don't have a CTCSS for it.

453.450/D125 chirps near Wyoming County

What is chirping?

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
What your hearing on 156.0075 is likely 156.000 MOTOTRBO coming from Oswego City School District in Oswego County. Signal is strong, and can be heard from several surrounding counties. Frequency seems to send signals all times of the day... have to always lockout when searching.

Last edited:

n2ops

This dialog brought a big smile to my face. What you are hearing on 462.6375 203.5 is local scanner channels rebroadcast on a low power GMRS intercom so my youth workers can hear the local calls on their UHF two way radios. Also have 462.6875 127.3 which has longer range for team members with Wouxun KG-UVA1 dual band handhelds to hear fire channels 1-3 and 45.88.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
This dialog brought a big smile to my face. What you are hearing on 462.6375 203.5 is local scanner channels rebroadcast on a low power GMRS intercom so my youth workers can hear the local calls on their UHF two way radios. Also have 462.6875 127.3 which has longer range for team members with Wouxun KG-UVA1 dual band handhelds to hear fire channels 1-3 and 45.88.

How do you have this setup? I would love to see somthing like this around here.

n2ops

FRS Relay

Audiovox FRS1000 (2 on EBay right now) 3.5 MM (male-male, mono or stereo) patch cord into the speaker jack of an old Bearcat base programmable scanner running into the mic connection of the Audiovox. Takes some patience to get the VOX and scanner volume settings just right.

D

DaveNF2G

Thanks to all for the interesting and informative replies.

I note two entities taking credit for 462.3625 in Mount Morris. I'm wondering if anyone involved investigated the legality of patching between Part 90 and Part 95 communications systems.

BTFire21

Dave I really hope that you weren't using that scanner in your vehicle as it is a violation of NYS V&T laws.

D

DaveNF2G

BTFire21 has apparently missed the fact that I am a licensed ham radio operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.