Care One/Regional EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have the information for them? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sc800

They use a Goosetown Communications LTR PassPort radio system. This system currently can't be scanned. The only way to scan it is to enter the control frequency as an analog channel, but then you will hear everyone on the system including other ambulances, police, tow trucks, school buses etc.

You can however hear them (Care 1 8xx units) on the Orange County EMS channel at 153.860(all 911 ALS calls in their coverage area in Orange County) and on the Warwick EMS repeater 151.395 (ALS intercepts in Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Pine Island, and occasionally Florida (if they make a mistake and thinks Warwick PD handles Florida)

Their coverage area in Orange County is:

Warwick - ALS Intercepts
Greenwood Lake - ALS intercepts
Pine Island - ALS intercepts
Florida - ALS intercepts and primary BLS backup
Chester - ALS intercept, BLS backup for part of their district, and a paid daytime crew in a CVAC rig
Lenape - ALS intercept

They also have several nursing home contracts in Orange, Westchester, Dutchess, and Putnam, but those are all on the LTR system.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
You'll also hear Mobile Life Support Services on the same system as well.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
FYI...Goosetown is in the process of upgrading their sites to MotoTRBO. I expect when complete they will move everyone over due to the increased bandwidth.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FYI...Goosetown is in the process of upgrading their sites to MotoTRBO. I expect when complete they will move everyone over due to the increased bandwidth.

To clarify, LTR/PP is still active at all of their sites, and will be for quite some time. Ultimately TRBO will wind up replacing the LTR/PP network, but at present time it's more appropriate to think of it as them adding the TRBO network side by side, rather than upgrading. Users are not being forced over to TRBO.

Almost all sites in the area have already had TRBO added.

451.8625 - Beacon - Dutchess
452.5875 - Beacon - Dutchess
472.9125 - Schunnemunk - Orange
472.625 - Warwick - Orange
477.7625 - Warwick - Orange
463.9875 - Heaters Hill - Pike
478.7 - Putnam Valley - Putnam
478.9 - Cheesecote - Rockland
461.5875 - Glen Spey - Sullivan
452.1375 - Mamakating - Sullivan
464.9375 - Mamakating - Sullivan
477.725 - North Salem - Westchester
471.825 - Valhalla - Westchester

KC2zZe

You can however hear them (Care 1 8xx units) on the Orange County EMS channel at 153.860(all 911 ALS calls in their coverage area in Orange County) and on the Warwick EMS repeater 151.395 (ALS intercepts in Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Pine Island, and occasionally Florida (if they make a mistake and thinks Warwick PD handles Florida)
Correct frequency for Warwick Repeater is 151.3925 (107.2)

Their coverage area in Orange County is:

Warwick - ALS Intercepts
Greenwood Lake - ALS intercepts
Pine Island - ALS intercepts
Florida - ALS intercepts and primary BLS backup
Chester - ALS intercept, BLS backup for part of their district, and a paid daytime crew in a CVAC rig
Lenape - ALS intercept.
Also, Greenville - ALS Intercepts 24/7 and a paid BLS daytime crew weekdays.

sc800

Correct frequency for Warwick Repeater is 151.3925 (107.2)

Thanks, I forgot about that, since my scanner always changes it to 151.395

Also, Greenville - ALS Intercepts 24/7 and a paid BLS daytime crew weekdays.

Thanks for posting that too, I knew about it from back channel sources so I was waiting for some other confirmation on that. I believe they just took Greenville back from MLSS too.

Port Jervis has their own ALS...can't remember if it is actually their own or they contract their employees though.

Since Bon Secours is right there I don't hear them call for their backup ALS very often. But I think its still regional/care one

SCPD

QRT
This was posted on the Port Jervis VAC website: We also are providing Paramedic service with two first response vehicles in the City of Port Jervis and the Town of Deer Park.

sc800

I believe if PJ's ALS is unavailabe though they would call for Care 1. Especially if they have a unit who may have just cleared a call in Greenville or Lenape

sc800

Greenville has only 1 ambulance and probably around 10 members. They get toned for probably around 100 calls per year, and I don't think make half of them.

It's good they decided to put a paid person in, because they were always waiting for either Lenape (which had issues of its own), Port Jervis, Care 1/Regional, or MLSS to get there

tilemedallion

Thanks for the info. When did they hire the paid member? Do you know if this person does all calls? I live in Greenville and there still is long response time waiting for mutual aid. Thanks again

sc800

Fairly recently. I believe they contracted with Care 1 for either 1 or 2 EMTs during day time hours (0600-1800 or 0700-1900)

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I was up at Orange Regional the other day and ran across a few Mobile Life and Care one ambulances. Care one appeared to all have XPR portables and mobiles on them. I did hear one of them key up the radio and talk to their dispatcher. Standard TRBO talk permit tone and digital voice, so I am wondering if they switched over to the new TRBO network. Mobile Life still had CDM1550 and HT1250LS radios on them, so they are still on the passport system. Can anyone with more info confirm any of this?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The XPR series will also work on pass port with the right boards. Just FYI.

The XPR series replaced the CDM's and the HT750/1250/1550 radios. Last that I knew that care 1 had a mix of CDM 1550 mobiles and XPR 4550's. and someone I know that works for them says they are still using pass port.

I also know that Transcare also had a mix of XPR portables and Mobiles and they are still on NYCOMCO's LTR system.

The XPR's will do connect plus, passport and LTR as long as they are equipped with the correct option boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orangEMT246

Having worked at both Care 1 and Transcare, Care 1 has mostly CDM1550 UHF and VHF mobiles. Transcare has UHF XPR mobiles. When I turn on the XPR, it says "Goosetown Passport" on the screen, then "Searching", until a tower is located. The VHF mobiles at Transcare are mostly Motorola CDM1550. Most of the 700 series ambulances also have a low band VHF for Putnam County.

Status
Not open for further replies.