Hatzalah Rockland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Over the last week or so I have noticed a change in the signal quality of Hatzalah Rockland County 159.8850 R DPL 074. (Input 160.9350) At first I thought it was a problem with their repeater with initially low power and very low audio, I could hear co channel hetero-dyne under their carrier. Perhaps this system was damaged due to Sandy? I also monitored a lot of testing during this last week. I checked with my scanner software and the signal is a strong RSSI of 425. However their audio remains low.
I am suspecting they recently switched to Narrow-band FM 11K2F3E as their license
WNKN950 indicates.
Can I have a conformation on this from any SE NY listeners?

Thanks

Ken

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
One of the sure sign that the channel has switched narrowband is low audio. See if your scanner has an option to switch narrowband and see if that helped.

SCPD

QRT
One of the sure sign that the channel has switched narrowband is low audio. See if your scanner has an option to switch narrowband and see if that helped.

All my working scanners can receive NFM:D! The reason I asked of the channels I monitor are both FM/NFM. I just have to be careful in balancing audio volume to compensate for the feed I support:roll:. Don't want to distort or blow some one out of their seats!

Ken

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It was narrowbanded, hence the testing you heard and the resulting low audio with strong signal strength.

If the repeater were damaged during Sandy, it would've caused a change in the audio level a month ago when the storm hit, not recently.

SCPD

QRT
It was narrowbanded, hence the testing you heard and the resulting low audio with strong signal strength.

If the repeater were damaged during Sandy, it would've caused a change in the audio level a month ago when the storm hit, not recently.

Thank You:D!

Status
Not open for further replies.