New York Members - By County List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
I saw this idea from this thread and figured I would start one for New York.

The general idea is to list the following:
- The County you reside in (If you would like to add your town you may)
- The Counties/Systems you frequently monitor
- Anything you may wish for members to know, such as if you provide a live feed for a certain county

I think this is a great way to find other members on RadioReference that monitor the same things you do. [/coloor]

I reside in Rotterdam (Schenectady County)
I monitor all Schenectady County public safety, as well as Montgomery County, and NYSP regularly.
I provide a live feed for Schenectady County.

Last edited:

wmetech1

Premium Subscriber
Why not?

I like the idea alexkaczor.

I reside in the north of Westchester CO
I monitor all Fire/EMS/Police frequencies I can find and receive in my area (mostly local PD and CO dispatch--60 control) and also occasionally Putnam, Dutchess, Delaware, and Ulster counties when I travel further up.

lafd55

Latham(Albany County)
I monitor Albany County, Schenectady County, NYSP, City of Albany, Colonie Public Safety, Troy FD, Rensselear FD, NYSDEC, Albany ATC.

VE3RADIO

I live in Ontario but I should be a honorary member for Niagara County.. I mainly monitor Niagara County Sheriff and Niagara County Fire as well as NYSP CH 3/4.. in addition to all my local Ontario stuff.

WX2CIB

I live in Hammond in St. Lawrence County.
I monitor St. Lawrence County Fire, EMS, and Police. Also monitor Jefferson County Fire, EMS, and Police. NYS Police Troops B & D.

scannerman5555

Silent Key
I live in Brentwood Suffolk County L.I. ; N.Y.

I monitor : all Suffolk county Fire ; EMS ; Police & Sheriff plus the 800 trunking system . ; Nassau county Fire ; EMS ; Police plus the 800 trunking system .....

I monitor : School bus co's ; taxi's and other LTR trunking systems in the area

maalox

im in brooklyn ny kings county, scanning nyc with the 996xt my new hp1 2 330ts 1 346xt happy scanning.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
This is probably a good idea to have put into our RR Profiles, but I'll add in my info:

• I live in Nassau County, NY
  • I frequently monitor anything and anything that can hit my antenna and be heard on my radio(s). From "DC to Daylight".
  • I currently run W2LIE.net and MonitorLongIsland.com
  • I have 4 live feeds on Radio Reference (NCPD, NCFD, SCFD, SCPD), and have over a dozen live feeds running on my website, including a PCR-1000 that can be controlled remotely!
  • I offer presentations to any organization that is local to me that asks me to teach them about scanning and radios in the Long Island Area. I have been asked to give my presentation at Ham Radio University since 2010.
  • I have been active in Amateur Radio since 1997 and spent time as Nassau County VHF Traffic Net Manager, Nassau County ARES PIO, and Nassau County RACES Deputy Chief Radio Officer, as well as SKYWARN Net Control and spotting activities.
  • You can follow me on Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I reside in Carmel, in Putnam County. I listen to the Putnam County Sheriff, as well as Putnam Emergency Services; Carmel and Kent PD's, NY State Police, Westchester County Police and Fire, sometimes Dutchess County Sheriff. I also dispatch part time for the PCSO. I used to have a feed, but now run all Macs so.... :)

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I reside in Medford, NY. Like w2lie I monitor pretty much anything hitting my antenna.
I routinely listen to the SC 800 Trunk system; FD's Island Wide; NYPD & FDNY.
I run a closed GMRS repeater on 462.725.

On a side note: I'm also a Motorola radio fanatic.

sc800

Orange County
Monitor most of the Orange County systems including 800, VHF, UHF, Low Band
Active emergency services member in both EMS and Fire Police

barnball

Used to live in Madison County but moved out of state to Colorado this summer

Listen to Madison and Onieda counties online now and again to keep track of my old fd and whenever my mom calls me to ask why the fire whistle is going off (since even being on the other side of the country I still somehow know everything that's going on lol < /snark >) So decided to post here even if I am technically no longer a NYS resident

Was a NYS Firefighter and EMT-B

tomhrrs69

I live in Cayuga County
Monitor Cayuga, Onondaga, Seneca counties.
Currently a volunteer firefighter and SAR.

Last edited:

bkantor

- Live in West Bay Shore, NY (Suffolk County)
- Monitor Suffolk and Nassau County PD, Marine, Air (JFK, LaGuardia & MacArthur), Long Island Railroad and occasionally Queens & Brooklyn PD/FD.
- I don't provide any live feeds, but big thanks to those who do!

Happy New Year All!
Bob

rwilcox1951

I live in southern Hamilton Co., NY.
I listen to the 5 nearby Sheriff's offices, Hamilton, Fulton, Saratoga, Montgomery and Warren counties, NYSP Troop G and B, and ENCON Region 4 and 5.

emt8105

I live in Endicott (Broome County)

I monitor Broome EMS and Fire Comms., Endicott PD, NYSP, Tioga Fire and EMS, Susquhanna Fire, and have all of the other PD's locked out but programed just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.