New feed you choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I took down the NY NJ PA Feed. I will be replacing it with one of the two pct's in Brooklyn the 63rd-69th Pct or the 73rd-75th pct. I dont think i will have any issues getting a clear signal from either station. You pick it and i will add it. Hopefully one of the two will get more then 4 listeners at peak.

Mike

alefty84

73-75 is definitely in a horrible area, While monitoring ive heard tons of foot pursuits in t he last few days. I'd suggest that. Just my opinion though.

szron

Not my area but I don't think you should select which feeds to stream based on average listeners. If not for a nice guy in my county who streams a fire feed which usually has 2-3 listeners (in contrast to Law Enf feed which is usually 40-50) I couldn't listen to FD while away from my scanner.

One thing I found it be useful is pulling the archives to mash it up with scene video and pictures I took. Instead of crummy scanner audio being barley audible over the firetrucks and everything else, there's a nice clean radio track to add, just like I would pull up the dispatch tapes.

SCPD

QRT
I do base what i stream for the 3rd feed on the amount of people who would like to listen to it. My home pct 109th & 111th is online for me to listen to while at work and or on the go. The 19th & 23rd is online cause its my work Pct. The 3rd feed has always been a rr.com user selected feed. I tried the 17th MTN MTS and the signal was horrible, I tried the NY & NJ PA and got 4 listeners max at any one time. I would like the 3rd feed to be popular cause I get that warm fuzzy feeling inside :)

SCPD

QRT
I don't pick up either PCT from my location. I'm open to other suggestions and freq to try out.

SCPD

QRT
new feed

63rd-69th Pct should be added these Precincts will get more listeners i rate this 100%

SCPD

QRT
I can not pick up any of the Brooklyn Pct's from my location. I can do the following.

IRT-Subway (1/2/3/4/5/6/7S Shuttle)
or
NYPD-Citywide 1

The only issue i have with doing cw1 is that it will mostly be warrant checks unless something big goes down and listening to warrant checks is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

Let me know

Last edited:

one11sgt

I can not pick up any of the Brooklyn Pct's from my location. I can do the following.

IRT-Subway (1/2/3/4/5/6/7S Shuttle)
or
NYPD-Citywide 1

The only issue i have with doing cw1 is that it will mostly be warrant checks unless something big goes down and listening to warrant checks is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

Let me know

Citywide 1 and 2 have been determined by the RR President to be a tactical channel and streaming it is in violation of RR rules FYI.

SCPD

QRT
I figured it was a problem. Back to the drawing board. If anything it wil become the NY IRT Subway feed

SCPD

QRT
Sure i will check them out when i get home from work. If you have time just post the freq for me

FLA2760

I took down the NY NJ PA Feed. I will be replacing it with one of the two pct's in Brooklyn the 63rd-69th Pct or the 73rd-75th pct. I dont think i will have any issues getting a clear signal from either station. You pick it and i will add it. Hopefully one of the two will get more then 4 listeners at peak.

Mike

73/75 if you are able.

SCPD

QRT
Im using conventional desktop radios that do not have CTCSS or PL tone decoders. I can't do digital or trunking just conventional frequencies.

Just to make it easier I will be doing the IRT subway system on 160.190mhz. The application has been submitted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.