Nassau Police on a BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio00

I download the trucked frequencies via this site, and used Freescan to upload to my scanner.

All I hear is partial words in a transmission

Any ideas?

Regards

bkantor

Yes, if you are trying to scan the NC PD in the 500Mhz range, it is mostly encrypted. I finally locked them out since I rarely hear anything in the clear. Some of the 477-478Mhz frequencies are still in use, but I would assume they won't be around for long.

Bob

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
That is why I entered all the talk groups into the database with an "E". They are all encrypted.
There is a small group of unencrypted talk groups used by the village police departments, but I have a credible source that tells me they too will be going encrypted.

NCPD was scheduled to leave the UHF conventional frequencies years ago. They have been simulcasting the new P25 system over the UHF in the clear for about 2 years now. They do shut down the simulcasting from time to time, only to turn it back on a day or two later.

I have over 20 pages of logs on this system since 1/2009 on my website if you are interested. It is interesting to see how the system has grown since then.

radio00

OK thanks guys

Yes, if you are trying to scan the NC PD in the 500Mhz range, it is mostly encrypted. I finally locked them out since I rarely hear anything in the clear. Some of the 477-478Mhz frequencies are still in use, but I would assume they won't be around for long.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.