BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesherman38

Premium Subscriber
I have spent the better part of this weekend with a Uniden BCD996T and BCTool+ attempting to program Cayuga County (CNYICC) to no avail.

This unit is supposed to do APCO25 Digital Audio decoding, Ive updated to the latest firmware, and am about to throw this f-ing thing across the room.

Has anyone been successful with a program for the CNYICC they can share or would be willing to troubleshoot, or review my programming file if I emailed it?

Thank you in advance, Bill.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Thread split off due to being a hijack. I know you're frustrated but please do not reply to threads with your own questions when you didn't start the thread. Thanks.

wesherman38

Premium Subscriber
Question

How is my question anymore of a hijack than the question by another permium subscriber as to which one of three scanners to purchase?

Or the questions regarding how to program talkgroups specific to the system covering cayuga county?

My question was specific to the system the thread was regarding. Now its hanging out in the middle of nowhere land providing no help at all. I'm glad that I upgraded to become a premium subscriber for this.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
First of all, ditch BCTool+ and use FreeSCAN instead. BCTool hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years.

Once you get FreeSCAN installed, download the system again from RR and see if you have better luck with it.

wesherman38

Premium Subscriber
switched to ProScan today, imported the entire system downloaded to scanner.
On occasion I will see the Control Channel frequency shown on screen, but still nothing.
While lots of audio on the online scanner.

I can try FreeSCAN, but what is the difference really...

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
FreeScan is Free, ProScan isn't. That is one major difference.. Both will import from RR.

Is it possible you aren't getting a good decode on the control channel, and that is why you can't decode anything?

You said you are using a BCD996T, did you try and upgrade the firmware in there to make sure you have the latest and greatest patches? Sometimes that will help you out.

If you put the scanner into ID Search mode, do you hear anything? Do you have the global attenuator enabled by mistake?

scosgt

PROSCAN may not handle rebanding properly. Most likely you are not programming in the new parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.