Syracuse Fire tac channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to Syracuse Fire and am thinking that not all the Tac channels are listed
on CNYICC system. I heard them refer to Tac channels 12 and 14 and don't see them listed,.

D

DaveNF2G

They might be off-system channels. Just guessing for now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I assume you're scanning in ID SEARCH mode, which means you should be able to find any talkgroups that are not listed for the system if they are active. Otherwise, as Dave suggests, they may be conventional UHF frequencies being used. There are a few "Tac" channels listed for Onondaga County, Syracuse and East Syracuse in the database, you might want to check those out. In addition, the county is licensed for a ton of UHF simplex mobile frequencies under WQKP307.

WQKP307 (ONONDAGA, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
What I am hearing or should say when I hear them say the Tac to go to for the calls trhey are going is on the main dispatch channel.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Syracuse city fire uses Digital Vehicular Repeater Systems (DVRS). I believe they are in the chiefs vehicles.

Tac 2 on the digital network is linked with Tac 12, which is off-network and being used as a DVRS. When car 2 is dispatch, units will use Tac 2 & 12.

Tac 3 & 13 for car 3, and tac 4 & 14 for car 4.

So far, I have confirmed (and added to the DB):

453.1125 (156.7 PL) Tac 13 (DVRS to Tac 3)
453.9125 (156.7 PL) Tac 14 (DVRS to Tac 4)

Usually installed in the trunk, the DVRS extends ASTRO 25 comms when the firefighters are outside of the truck, like when inside a building or in an area without the best of coverage. Keep in mind when they use tac 12, 13, and 14... you will only hear the offnetwork channels when they are close by becuase the power is low. But if you listen to tac 2, 3 & 4 for City fire, you will hear the entire converstation on the digital network.

Tac 12 is somewhere under the WQKP307 license. Plug em in, log what you hear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.