Seneca County NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemansteve6921

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I am currently using a uniden bc60xlt for this feed. There hasnt been too many problems as of yet but I hope to put up an outdoor antenna soon. Right now im using the standard rubber duckie one that the scanner comes with. It's set up in my basement which is cinder block construction and its works surprisingly well. I will be using an nmo type antenna mount with a stanndard 1/4 wave whip for a vehicle. I dont have the money for a nice fancy antenna and everything that my scanner is set to recieve is on a repeater type system. Any suggestions about what i could do better would be helpful just keep in mind i do not want a discone type antenna on my house. I'm sure they work well but I do not like the look of them. I am a firefighter in my local community and we use a truck lip nmo type vehicle mount with a 1/4 whip for 150-158 mhz approx. and it works just fine. our county uses 155.5500 for law and 155.2800 for ems freq and between 453.6000-460.1000 for fire freqs. the antenna i will be placing on my house will be in the air about 20-25 feet and my house is build on fairly high elevation.

Status
Not open for further replies.