Rensselaer County queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

1) What service is designated "County Ambulance" in Rensselaer County?

There were no radio communications on the county 800 system to any units that identified this way, but this service transported a patient [one evening last week] when Stephentown was unable to get a crew.

I looked at the County's emergency services and EMS-related pages and there was no info there about it.

Also, I see that Rensselaer Volunteer Ambulance still has a website and is still listed as a valid agency on the various "official" websites.

BTW, EMS people, you need to have whoever maintains the Rensselaer County Ambulance & Rescue Association website check the spelling of the word "ambulance." :)

2) This morning I heard a single honk from Rensselaer FD's horn. Does anyone know what that means? Testing, maybe?

3) Ok, this is not a question but an observation.

The MultiNet talkgroup formerly known as 1-10 Training is now 1-2 and is used for ALS intercepts and other unit-to-unit coordination.

D

DaveNF2G

I see they hail from Berkshire County, MA. Thanks for the link!

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
dave the single blast in the morning is the morning test on the air horn system.

D

DaveNF2G

A couple more questions relating to the train station:

1) Which way are the tracks numbered in the "yard" around the station?

2) There are a number of Amtrak related Yahoogroups. Does anyone recommend any particular one(s) as being especially useful in connection with monitoring and identifying trains?

k2hz

Database Admin
A couple more questions relating to the train station:

1) Which way are the tracks numbered in the "yard" around the station?

2) There are a number of Amtrak related Yahoogroups. Does anyone recommend any particular one(s) as being especially useful in connection with monitoring and identifying trains?

You might also be interested in the Railroad.net Amtrak forum:

RAILROAD.NET • View forum - Amtrak

This is a good place to get reliable responses to inquiries. Also the Railroad.net New York State Railfan forum is very good for non-Amtrak info in the area.

RAILROAD.NET • View forum - New York State Railfan

k2hz

Database Admin
Which way are the tracks numbered in the "yard" around the station?

If you are asking about the Amtrak Maintenance Facility tracks to the west, I can't find any info.

The tracks on the north side of the station, between CP143 and CP144 were numbered: 1, Main, 3, 4, 5, 6 from west to east in 2008 . Track 6 was just a stub extending south from CP144.

The tracks in the station itself (CP142 - CP143) were: Bypass, 2, 1, Main from west to east. I think another station track was added since then and I don't know if this changes the numbering. The new track is possibly a connection between Track 3 to the north and Main south of the station that was removed during construction
of the present station. It would be east of the present Main.

D

DaveNF2G

I was asking about both areas, actually. :)

The yard goes up to at least Track 13. It probably continues from the 7 tracks you listed above, or else the higher numbers are assigned to the stub tracks that don't go all the way across the yard.

If the view in Google Earth is current, then I can trace them out and see if the numbering works.

Status
Not open for further replies.