RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 7:04 AM

Default Orange County...NYCOMCO loses to VERIZON

After several days of bad communications for Base 1 & 3 the Town finally gave up last night and started using cell phones until NYCOMCO can get it's system back together.
Sponsored links

Old 10-19-2013, 7:38 AM

Please keep in mind that the NY forum covers the entire state. Not everyone knows what "NYCOMCO" stands for, or who "Base 1 & 3" are in "the Town" unless you actually specify who the heck you're talking about.
Old 10-21-2013, 9:14 PM

Wink NYCOMCO loses to VERIZON

Since the term NYCOMCO was used in the header of post on 9/12, 9/22 and 9/26 and who Base 1 & 3 are was spelled out in the post on 9/26 I didn't feel it was necessary to be more specific.
Only people who know who NYCOMCO is would be interested in reading further. As of this morning the system was still in bad shape.
I seem to offend Chauffeur6 who seems to take umbrage at any criticism of NYCOMCO, but there seems to be a local interest by others in any news how NYCOMCO is performing in the communiction systems in Orange County.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captncarp View Post
I seem to offend Chauffeur6 who seems to take umbrage at any criticism of NYCOMCO, but there seems to be a local interest by others in any news how NYCOMCO is performing in the communiction systems in Orange County.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, so just stop right now before you make a fool of yourself. Anyone who is actually familiar with my post history when it comes to the subject of NYCOMCO would realize that the exact opposite is true...I never have a nice thing to say about them.

My point was that people from all over the state and country read these threads. They shouldn't have to refer back to older threads to figure out what you're talking about. At least put the county in the thread title or post, that's just common courtesy.
Old 10-24-2013, 3:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I guess my question is, what town is in question, and what services are affected?
ARS KB2DGA
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2013, 2:56 PM

Base 1 is the City of Newburgh

Base 3 is the Town of Newburgh

both located in Orange County
Old 10-24-2013, 9:20 PM
NY / NJ Moderator

Easy fellas ! I updated the thread title for the OP.
Old 10-25-2013, 6:41 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal-Zero View Post
Easy fellas ! I updated the thread title for the OP.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:28 PM

Exclamation nycomco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
I never have a nice thing to say about them.
I was a bench tech at nycomco from '88 to '98.
The whole time there great animosities between the systems shop, install shop, repair shop, and from one end of the repair shop to the other end of the repair shop. Alcoholism and drug abuse among the techs was fueling an unprofessional and sometimes dangerous work environment. I was sent to Lynchburg VA for a training seminar with a tech that was eating magic mushrooms the entire trip (no pun intended). On three different occasions, I was physically assaulted by two other techs that worked in the repair shop. One punch to my chest caused a large black and blue bone bruise to my sternum that was sore and visible for two months. I should have sued them, but I was more interested in repairing radios at the time. How they've remained in business this long is a phenomenon. The time I was there, there was a low percentage of techs that any clue what they were doing. On several occasions I was told to destroy customer owned equipment that we no longer serviced. I don't know how things are there now. But there was a high level of dysfunction during my tenure.
Sponsored links