NYSP CNET, SORT & ESD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Does anyone know if CNET is operating on a 700 or 800mhz trunked system? I heard a rumor from a reliable source that indicated CNET, SORT and ESD have been using a TRS for awhile now.

I know SORT sometimes uses the tac channels with encryption and ESD has their own vhf channel that is always DES encrypted.

Last edited:

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
NYSP CNET, SORT & ESD?

Few years ago I heard chatter on 155.460 when the The governor was visiting the Poughkeepsie area. The traffic that I heard was encrypted P25

155.460 is listed in the DB under NY State Police "Executive Service Detail".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC2zZe

Does anyone know if CNET is operating on a 700 or 800mhz trunked system? I heard a rumor from a reliable source that indicated CNET, SORT and ESD have been using a TRS for awhile now.
Before I go ahead and confirm or deny the rumor you heard you'll need to specify which region's Community Narcotics Enforcement Team you are refering to.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I think he was looking for the state as a whole. But Capital District for sure.

The ESD freq I would assume that would be a state wide freq for NYSP. I heard them using it in the Poughkeepsie area about a year or 2 back.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Before I go ahead and confirm or deny the rumor you heard you'll need to specify which region's Community Narcotics Enforcement Team you are referring to.
What I heard indicated that it was a statewide system but I can't find anything that would back that up in the FCC DB. I live in the Capital District and I am fairly certain that they don't use VHF for their operations unless it's completely encrypted. Even then, I haven't monitored any encrypted traffic on VHF or UHF when I know that they are operating close by. I know that they do utilize the NYCOMCO system south of here. Please feel free to share what you can with me here or privately.

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There is no statewide 700 or 800 MHz system (or any band, for that matter), so that rules that out.

If they are operating on trunked systems, they would have to be regional or local systems that they have access to.

mkirker

SORT uses 154.665 P-25 encrypted.

CNET uses different frequencies depending on which area they are covering - I had done a lot of work with CNET capital a few years ago and they had exchanged all there radios with CNET Syracuse. By now I would guess they have switched to another group of radios or have theres back.

ESD has alluded me for years - as far as I know 155.46 hasn't been used upstate in at least 8 years

mkirker

I signal stalked the frequency while the were doing a raid and never got the NAC code sorry.
I must not be able to hear 155.46 locally in Clifton Park -- Is it P-25 or analog and what is the NAC/PL?

Mark

lafd55

mkirker: You probably won't be able to hear 155.460 in CP, a lot of SP channels are low powered so you would have to most likely have to be close to the detail or in Albany.

Isn't 154.665 Car to car? Or are they using that frequency with a certain NAC?

mkirker

It is the car / car frequency which I think is still analog in most cars. SORT was P-25 encrypted and unfortunately I had the Pro-97 so no NAC code was logged.

I used to hear 155.46 everyday about 8 years ago when I lived in Schenectady and then it just stopped. I may have taken it out of the radios. I will give it another chance . Thanks

Mark
Clifton Park NY

Status
Not open for further replies.