Industry 'school' in Rush freq wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetjon

I can't find any frequencies for Industry school in Rush, NY. Anyone know if it uses another prison or school agencies freqs? It's a juvenile detention center.

there's also a new facility across the street and some kind of training facility behind Industry. any information on those would be appreciated.

Thanks.

k2hz

Database Admin
They have 3 frequencies but I doubt you will hear any activity:

852.9125, 852.0625 and 852.5375

All are low power and the antennas are on 1 story buildings so it is doubtful you will hear anything off-site.

The facility has been in the process of downsizing for many years and much of it is closed.

The "Secure" facility is closed and the "Limited Security" facility has only a few remaining inmates due to plans to move lower risk offenders to community based facilities.

There are plans being discussed for the Monroe County children's detention center to move to some of the abandoned parts of the facility.

What looks like a "new" facility may just be the result of major construction work on the antiquated sewer and water facilities that were State owned being integrated with local service. Much of the State land was recently transferred to the Town of Rush.

I doubt there is much radio use now given the present state of the facility.

gadgetjon

thanks for the response. I live close, so I'll be listening. there are dozens of employee cars there, but yes I've heard the rumours of closings. across the street is all razor wired so I doubt it's just sewers, and the facility south of Industry has a shooting range. I know the county has a shooting range in Rush but i thought it was at Rochester Brooks gun club, which is a couple miles from Industry.

gadgetjon

I haven't listened in a while, but wanted to update my own post in case someone else is searching. The facility north of Industry is the new location for the county's children's prison or whatever euphemism they want to call it. juvenile detention center or whatever. They moved it from where Costco is now. The original state run place looks as active as usual, and the shooting range/training facility to the south seems very active from the gunshots I hear. we're not allowed to drive down that road to see what 's down there, but it looks like a prison from the google satellite photos.

Please post here if you get any new radio freq info. I imagine each facility will have their own freqs as they are run by different agencies. Thanks.

Rush is south of Rochester in Monroe County NY

Status
Not open for further replies.