RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the land of make believe
Posts: 603
Default

Who is paying $1000 for a license?

Coordination does not cost that much and the license is free from the FCC if you are exempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnrider View Post
Shared meaning someone else already spent 1000.00 or more on FCC license.....These are new frequencies,added to KEG594 mobile only.....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2014, 2:43 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lower Hudson Valley New York
Posts: 1,637
Default

Coordination fees.
For a FB.FB2. $400.00 first frequency, first location. $75.00 each addition frequency or location.
For FB8 minimum $400.00 first frequency and location, can be much more due to the work involved of
running adjacent channels for interference also.

Quote "New York City does NOT license for the court system. The State does."

New York City has it's own Courts also in addition to the State run ones, Just like Westchester and any other County.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2014, 3:29 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ff026
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman2001 View Post
Coordination fees.
For a FB.FB2. $400.00 first frequency, first location. $75.00 each addition frequency or location.
For FB8 minimum $400.00 first frequency and location, can be much more due to the work involved of
running adjacent channels for interference also.

Quote "New York City does NOT license for the court system. The State does."

New York City has it's own Courts also in addition to the State run ones, Just like Westchester and any other County.
Court security for courts in the 5 boroughs of NY is provided by NYS court officers operating on simplex VHF in the court complexes. The nypd runs central booking and NYC corrections houses the inmates once the prisoner is booked. corrections presents the prisoner to the courts. Once the prisoner is in the court room NYS court officers have custody of the prisoner.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Waterford,New York,USA
Posts: 170
Default

PS on MURS? Weird
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2014, 3:53 PM
Mtnrider's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Greene County New Yawk
Posts: 616
Default

Not as weird as you think.....wkredick.......i have seen it poked in 100 watt maratracs.....used as mobile repeaters......100 watt private repeater inputs....shall i go on ? you get the idea
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2014, 7:32 PM
58006's Avatar
DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomanNJ1 View Post
Who is paying $1000 for a license?



Coordination does not cost that much and the license is free from the FCC if you are exempt.

Well a lot of agencies get taken for a ride by some of these places that offer licensing assistance. I would say the biggest offender passes themselves off as being an actual governmental agency and to some untrained radio users part of the FCC.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2014, 8:14 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Waterford,New York,USA
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnrider View Post
Not as weird as you think.....wkredick.......i have seen it poked in 100 watt maratracs.....used as mobile repeaters......100 watt private repeater inputs....shall i go on ? you get the idea
will have to monitor some MURS channels more closely in the area then. thanks Mtnrider
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions