Buffalo NY (Going Digital) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just listening to 460.0250 POLICE INFORMATION AND WARRANT CHECKS CH5 (151.4) and they are doing test on this frequencies, the audio tests are P25 Digital. Any one know if Buffalo NY is going to P25 Digital on there frequencies.
Steve

nyair1

Haven't heard anything about that on my end. I'd be really surprised if they did. I doubt they have the money to upgrade the radio system. The Sheriffs Office was looking into awhile ago but there was poor coverage further out in the hills.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
P25

Yes they are in the process of moving to P25 for PD. I believe they have all the equipment in place.

Only herd 180 tech's once today on the frequency testing, but there is no traffic on this frequency anymore, I have been listening all day no police on the frequency , the digital audio I have listened to in the test yesterday sounded clear and very strong. I will listen over the weekend and see if the tech's are on.
Steve

BITT211

Here is what i hear on digital p-25

erie county emergency servies unit [esu] is on , freq. 424.150 [analog] ,also heard them on digital p-25 , freq. 424.150 , nac e17 . This is channel 4.

Also heard a state police car calling sheriffs dept dispatch,[they have erie county sheriffs radios installed] . This was on digital ,p-25 , freq. 460.4500 ,it did come in clear , sheriffs dispatch did not answer him. I believe state police was on wrong channel, so they the sheriffs do have p-25 digital installed ,but not active yet. That was the only time i heard any transmissions on sheriffs ,p-25.

nyair1

I have heard some digital type noise from time to time on EC ESU. Seems like it is only used so far for sensitive info? Usually when there is a alert fire call at Buf-Nia airport i can hear the units calling in going to the airport. Don't tell me i'm going to have to buy one of those $400 radios!!! I'm still learning how everything works on my bc15x!

nyair1

I think those are freqs that are used for detective,narco and vice units.

nyair1

Just heard some test counts on BFD dispatch channel 424.225 Fire dispatch is on channel 2 today which is a fire ground channel. Hear the dispatcher remind a unit calling in to make they say on channel 2 today for calls because channel 1 is being reprogrammed. Come to think about it now, it seems like the police channels seem to have more volume output now. I run another bank at night along with the buffalo band and I keep having to turndown the volume because they are blasting in. Wonder if they have a higher watt system now???

nyair1

Here is what i hear on digital p-25

erie county emergency servies unit [esu] is on , freq. 424.150 [analog] ,also heard them on digital p-25 , freq. 424.150 , nac e17 . This is channel 4.

Also heard a state police car calling sheriffs dept dispatch,[they have erie county sheriffs radios installed] . This was on digital ,p-25 , freq. 460.4500 ,it did come in clear , sheriffs dispatch did not answer him. I believe state police was on wrong channel, so they the sheriffs do have p-25 digital installed ,but not active yet. That was the only time i heard any transmissions on sheriffs ,p-25.

Alot of the SP cars are dispatched by the Sheriffs Office. Don't hear a ton of traffic on the SP freqs except for the car-car channel. Were the ESU transmissions in the clear? I've been a scanner listener for over 30 yrs and just got into learning more on my bc15x with the groups and stuff. I was praying that we wouldn't go over to any P25 systems. Now it looks like I'm going to be shopping for another radio! I thought those would only be used around here for government stuff like FBI, border patrol and such. Not these small town police agencies?? I can see the need for it in big cities where there are a lot of radio users and over crowed freq bands but in buffalo?? Really??

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Buffalo Police

Just heard some test counts on BFD dispatch channel 424.225 Fire dispatch is on channel 2 today which is a fire ground channel. Hear the dispatcher remind a unit calling in to make they say on channel 2 today for calls because channel 1 is being reprogrammed. Come to think about it now, it seems like the police channels seem to have more volume output now. I run another bank at night along with the buffalo band and I keep having to turndown the volume because they are blasting in. Wonder if they have a higher watt system now???

:) I live in Fort Erie And can take my antenna of my 396t scanner and still pick up the Buffalo Police, talk about a strong signal.
Steve

BTFire21

As of right now here are the digital (P25,Nexedg,Mototrbo) users in Erie County

Orchard Park PD - mototrbo fulltime for all radio traffic
Hamburg PD - nexedg on a tact channel
ECSO - will be moving to P25 on 460.075 sometime in the very near future
Buffalo PD - will be moving to P25 sometime soon also
Erie County ESU - Will be moving to P25 -

Erie County Sheriff's and ESU both have deployed and operational P25 systems. I "think" there have been some coverage issues that Motorola has to address before Erie County will sign off on the project.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
Canisius Public Safety already has the new digital radios installed in their vehicles because BPD is switching over... and the fact that they've only been able to listen to Transit Police via Uniden scanners.

It'll be interesting.

BITT211

P-25 no working so good after all ?

On 3/22/2014 , time 12:20 am , buffalo pd had a foot chase , they had a problem with the new switch over to p-25 digital. The portables cound not interop @ close range. The lieutenant in charge was not happy and ordered that all communications stop on digital and move to channel 5 [analog]. I listened to the 460.4750 digital rest of night , nothing , , very interesting, !

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Problems

On 3/22/2014 , time 12:20 am , buffalo pd had a foot chase , they had a problem with the new switch over to p-25 digital. The portables cound not interop @ close range. The lieutenant in charge was not happy and ordered that all communications stop on digital and move to channel 5 [analog]. I listened to the 460.4750 digital rest of night , nothing , , very interesting, !

I was listening last night also and herd the problem also, and then all I was getting was LNK flashing on my 396t scanner and no audio, I think they need more time to do testing on the change over, this was on CH-4 Police
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Buffalo Police P25

The Buffalo Police are back on CH-5 460-025 MHZ running digital P25, they must of made some changes, they sound good again.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.