RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default NYSP Troop K Mobile

I am listening to a pursuit involving Troop K mobiles. 1K11 and others on 155.505 110.0 Pl. They are operating on a repeater. This is the frequency I normally hear Troop D and K base. I'm no longer hearing the base units. The cars are transmitting to each other and to SP Catskill and SP Poughkeepsie.
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm in the Southern Adirondacks and I'd have to guess this is at least 100 miles South of me. Just heard Poughkeepsie calling 1K17. Do the cars have the ability to switch to the base frequency for emergency traffic?
Old 03-26-2014, 6:00 AM

I am not a expert but as i recall SP Poughkeepsie or others as well has the ability to turn a mountain top base to a repeater when needed....i heard part of the same call
Old 03-26-2014, 6:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yeah, they repeaterized once before when they had a big to do between New York and Connecticut a few years back.
Old 03-26-2014, 9:12 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilcox1951 View Post
I am listening to a pursuit involving Troop K mobiles. 1K11 and others on 155.505 110.0 Pl. They are operating on a repeater. This is the frequency I normally hear Troop D and K base. I'm no longer hearing the base units. The cars are transmitting to each other and to SP Catskill and SP Poughkeepsie.
How did SP Catskill (a Troop F barracks) get involved in a Troop K incident on Troop K channels?
Old 03-26-2014, 9:37 AM

Purely speculation here: The Rip Van Winkle Br. is in that area which spans the Hudson River.(Zone 1 Troop K and Troop F) And the PL is 110.9.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Delete post.

Last edited by KC2zZe; 03-26-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I heard mention of Rt. 9W. Not sure how that plays into the geography of things. The pl tone is 110.9, I mistakenly said I heard 110.0 which is obviously incorrect.
Old 03-26-2014, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilcox1951 View Post
I heard mention of Rt. 9W. Not sure how that plays into the geography of things. The pl tone is 110.9, I mistakenly said I heard 110.0 which is obviously incorrect.
The Rip Van Winkle Bridge is Route 23 which intersects with 9W right in the heart of Catskill village.

Your location up on that hill makes all the difference in scanner listening, doesn't it? I'm right in the village and am lucky if I can pick up the local sheriff cars or fire units in the southern part of the county.
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2014, 2:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It does in fact, Steve. Most days, I can hear NYSP base stations from B, C, D, F, G and K Troops. I regularly hear mobile units from Zones 1 & 2 in G Troop, and occasionally from B, C, D, F and K Troops. In the winter months without leaves and with some snow cover, Troop T comes in pretty strong.
Old 03-26-2014, 3:00 PM

This partial newspaper post might answer the Troop G and F assist.....23 leads to 9W and if you head North.... Coxsackie is on the way

Hudson man flees police, injures officer

Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:46 pm | Updated: 3:51 pm, Wed Mar 26, 2014.
By Arthur Cusano
Columbia-Greene Media | 0 comments
COXSACKIE — A Hudson man faces several charges after allegedly leading police on a two-county car chase that injured a city police officer Tuesday afternoon.
Austin Suarez, 18, of Hudson, was arrested after a chase though Hudson and into Greene County on Tuesday afternoon, according to Hudson police.
Old 03-26-2014, 4:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm sure this was it. Thanks.