Ulster County Fire/EMS Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozzlenut83

On or about May 1st, Ulster 911 will begin paging and dispatching all Fire & EMS agencies on 155.2200. 33.4800 will still be used for FDs until 2016. They are also planning to build a Simulcast system for 155.2200 as part of the new 800MHz P25 Trunked radio system project which is mostly on hold at the moment.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
man that will be some 800mhz system..... good luck to ulster to get that to work right given all the terrian they are going have to deal with.

Nozzel. Will the system be primarily phase I or phase II?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Found this on the Ulster county site :

Ulster County Emergency Services News

Low band paging – As a follow up to previous discussions about low band paging, I am pleased to report that the FCC has granted us a license modification that allows for an increase in the number of pagers on frequency 155.220 MHz. This will allow us to simultaneously dispatch fire departments over both 33.48 and 155.220. The short term plan is to provide this service on a one to one basis (for example, a department that is dispatched off the Kingston tower on 33.48 will also be dispatched off the Kingston tower on 155.220). Unfortunately there will have to be some modifications in call dispatching procedures until a fully simulcast solution is put into place. For example, to avoid interference we may have to sequentially dispatch some agencies responding to the same incident. This is an unavoidable consequence until a fully simulcast solution is installed (which is the long term plan). To provide full simulcast of all 155.220 tower sites on all calls requires new base stations, a new microwave system and other enhancements – a complex and very expensive project. However, this is part of the overall upgrade to our radio system anyway, so while very pricey, it is not unexpected. No part of this project is wasted money – the migration to a simulcast VHF high band paging solution, and all other radio system enhancements, are being developed and implemented not as stand-alone solutions, but rather with an eye toward integrating them into a complete, interoperable radio system for all of Ulster County’s emergency services. Motorola’s decision to discontinue offering Minitor pagers in VHF low band simply hastened this move. There is no need to notify our office when you organization begins to purchase high band pagers – we will be implementing the 33.48/155.220 simulcast on or around May 1st for all departments. The only change you may notice is the sequential paging that may be necessary to avoid interference. As departments begin to purchase new high band paging equipment, tell your vendor to use the same tones and timing on high band that is currently used for low band. Low band paging will sunset by May 1, 2016. This gives agencies over two years and two full budget cycles to replace their low band paging equipment. end quote

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Why would one have to modify a licesene because they are using more recievers. That makes no sense .

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Why would one have to modify a licesene because they are using more recievers. That makes no sense .

Actually FCC licenses do have a number of paging receivers field, separate from the number of mobile units field. It's never been clear to me what this number means to the FCC though. (Eg why they care?)

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Actually FCC licenses do have a number of paging receivers field, separate from the number of mobile units field. It's never been clear to me what this number means to the FCC though. (Eg why they care?)

Its not that I really care, cause I don't, I just didn't make sense to me that all.

Tech1

Ulster County Fire & EMS

I see no reason to stop using the Low Band Fire Pagers at all. Just use the ones you have now. Is there another manufacture who still makes Low Band Pagers ? What will happen to 33.48 ? I think it would be really weird for Ulster County Fire and EMS to go to a Trunked System. There are to many Hills and Mountains in Ulster County to have really good coverage. The City of Kingston uses 154.235 for Fire Dispatch.

D

DaveNF2G

I don't see any mention of a new 800 MHz radio system in the notice. They are going to upgrade their VHF paging to simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.