RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 9:41 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you're having trouble updating a Wiki page, you might try posting to the Wiki forum and getting some input from KA3JJZ and some of the other Wiki experts.

I know that a full list of Saratoga County apparatus was transferred to RR when I shut down the NF2G Scannist Pages. From what others have said in this thread, that information is online in the RR Wiki, so there is no need to reinvent that particular wheel.
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2014, 1:38 PM
DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalbill View Post
The only page I saw was the one Dave NF2G made, and I could not figure out how to update it.

Is there another page that has all the dept's, trucks, ID's for the groups and radios, etc.. ?

I posted in the TRS group to start with, but was told that was not where this info belonged, so I came here.

Not looking for trouble.

The new Wiki page that was made, if we could copy that over to the old Wiki page, that would be fine with me.

There is no problem having more than one, at least not for me.
Yes the Wiki Pages that are attached to Saratoga County were migrated from Dave's website. I do not work with the Wiki, but there are some that can, stand by.
Old 06-26-2014, 2:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNF2G View Post
Bill, you really need to start a new thread when you are going to change the subject. Your ATCS post does not belong in this conversation.
I agree with Dave. If you want the right attention you need to start a new thread when you severely change the topic.

If you want the post split off to its own thread then please report it by clicking the warning triangle at the upper right of the post.
Old 06-26-2014, 3:01 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question Not sure where to put the ATCS topic

Is there a particular place where it should go ?

Also, I can not find anything other than the wiki page with the pager tones

Does anyone have the link the the TGID's and unit ID's wiki page for Saratoga County ?

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX
Old 06-26-2014, 4:09 PM
DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalbill View Post
Is there a particular place where it should go ?

Also, I can not find anything other than the wiki page with the pager tones

Does anyone have the link the the TGID's and unit ID's wiki page for Saratoga County ?

Thanks

Bill
KC2OVX
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...oga_County_(NY)

Saratoga County (NY) RIDs - The RadioReference Wiki

Railroad/Railfan Monitoring Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2014, 11:53 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58006 View Post

There is NO Saratoga Springs EMS, yes the dispatcher may say Saratoga Fire and EMS but the ambulance in Saratoga Springs is run by the fire department, and they respond an Engine as First Response and an Ambulance. Saratoga Emergency Corps no longer exists. Empire Ambulance covers the Town of Greenfield District that had been covered by SEC, and they also back up the Saratoga Springs Fire Department Ambulance.
Technically, Saratoga Springs Fire IS Saratoga Springs EMS as they are the primary EMS agency within the city. While they have two ambulances in their fleet, they only have the manpower to run one daily. All Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Echo level calls receive a combined engine/ambulance response, but the engine is not a "first responder"...all Alpha level calls receive an ambulance only. Empire backs them up (if available) when the SSFD ambulance is not available. For Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Echo level calls, SSFD medics are in charge of patient care and Empire provides transport only, unless care is transferred by SSFD.
Empire no longer covers the Town of Greenfield for EMS calls...Greenfield was divided up between Jessup's Landing, Wilton and Community...
Old 06-27-2014, 6:49 AM
DB Admin
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gralston73 View Post
Technically, Saratoga Springs Fire IS Saratoga Springs EMS as they are the primary EMS agency within the city. While they have two ambulances in their fleet, they only have the manpower to run one daily. All Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Echo level calls receive a combined engine/ambulance response, but the engine is not a "first responder"...all Alpha level calls receive an ambulance only. Empire backs them up (if available) when the SSFD ambulance is not available. For Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and Echo level calls, SSFD medics are in charge of patient care and Empire provides transport only, unless care is transferred by SSFD.
Empire no longer covers the Town of Greenfield for EMS calls...Greenfield was divided up between Jessup's Landing, Wilton and Community...
Glenn thanks for the update. I was trying to keep it simple. I did not realize that EAS no longer covered Greenfield.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Media reports at the time (and we all know how good those can be) stated that Saratoga Springs EMS was dissolved and that the fire department was considering taking over operation of the ambulances, but that a commercial provider would be primary for a while.
Old 06-27-2014, 9:08 PM

Saratoga Springs FD has been running ambulances for a while and SEMS has been dissolved for the same amount of time. On a side note about SSFD is that they have an assigned TGID and Dispatcher BUT use the VHF system as primary.
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2014, 8:21 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

SSFD is UHF. 460.050 dispatch.
Old 06-28-2014, 4:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile Updated XLS sheet

I heard Harmony Corners siren tone today. Added that to the list

Still missing Northside, Stillwater, and Providence.

Also added some new mutual aid and the C&O tones.

Just a heads up, not sure if this will be county wide, but on July 15th, they are testing the air raid sirens.

Not sure what time this is scheduled for.

I don't think they will be doing the fire sirens, just these new air raid sirens.

They are supposed to alert us to a nuclear accident or major terror attack.

We are supposed to turn to WGY 810 am, 103.1 fm, if we hear these go off to find out what to do and where to go.

Let's hope they never have to use them.

Bill
KC2OVX
Attached Files
File Type: zip SARATOGA COUNTY FIRE TONE OUT CODES 6-28-14.zip (8.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-29-2014, 8:19 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If the system is designed similarly to the ones for use around nuclear plants, then the signals that set them off will sound like a diesel engine idling (similar to TRBO and the like). This signal might be sent over an OEM frequency or somewhere else other than the main fire/EMS paging channel.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile I just heard Northside paged

I did not have the computer running to record the tones, but now at least I know they are still paged from the county.

Still have not heard Providence or Stillwater paged.

I have been keeping the computer off due to the heat.

Trying to keep it as cool in here as I can and save on the electric bill, which went up from 11 cents a KWh to 18 cents a KWh.

Can't wait to see this months electric bill.

I am thinking at least 200, maybe even 300 with the A/C running 24/7.

I have not heard the nightly tests like they used to do.

I am guessing they don't do that any more, or they do the tests over the P25 system.

Still working on getting reception for that system.

It seems when I have a strong control signal, the voice channels are all broken up, which makes no sense.

Bill
Old 07-13-2014, 2:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Stillwater FD covers only the village of Stillwater, and as such has a very limited call volume. As for Providence, is that FD or EMS? Providence EMS has disbanded and is now covered by Edinburgh and Galway (I believe, anyways.)

The P25 system is difficult to receive well, you may be well served to get a yagi and point it at your nearest site to isolate which site you are receiving off of.
Old 07-13-2014, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kvy View Post
As for Providence, is that FD or EMS? Providence EMS has disbanded and is now covered by Edinburgh and Galway (I believe, anyways.)
You are 100% correct. (I belong to a neighboring EMS agency, and we had a minor correction in our operating territory because Providence VAC closed their doors so we ended up hearing the whole story from the State BEMS rep.)
Sponsored links

Old 07-13-2014, 5:50 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unhappy Providence Fire tones

I have not heard these or Stillwater Fire tones.

Northside I did hear, but was not recording, so I can not post them.

They rarely get toned.

Stillwater Fire and Providence Fire may still be active, but they don't get calls very often if they are.

I do have yagi, 3 of them, pointed at each tower.

Clifton Park tower I have no signal, Stillwater I have about 20% signal and Ballston Spa I have about 60%.

When I get a signal that is good enough to decode the control channel, the voice channels are not decodable.

If I move the antenna to where I can get the voice channels, I get some of the talkgroups, but they are broken up.

The dispatch comes in clearer than the units, that is on every talkgroup, and 911 seems to be the strongest of all the talkgroups.

I have tried using a 1Ghz amp, but that makes the signal worse.

Looking at the signal on the scope, it is a mess. Huge fluctuations in strenght and clarity.

I may just be in a poor reception area. Wish they had a tower in Round Lake.

Bill
Old 08-11-2014, 8:38 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I heard Northside Fire page today and Stillwater FD page, but was not recording, so did not get the tones. At least I know Stillwater is still active, but this is the first I have heard them paged since I started monitoring months ago.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

John Ahearn ambulance has also closed. Clifton Park - Halfmoon VAC is moving into one of Mechanicville FD's former stations and will be covering the area.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNF2G View Post
John Ahearn ambulance has also closed. Clifton Park - Halfmoon VAC is moving into one of Mechanicville FD's former stations and will be covering the area.
CPHM EMS hasn't been a VAC for a while, lol.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 PM

Haha, yes true. CPHMEMS I believe is in the process of refurbing one of the old Mechanicville Stations as the JEMS station was too small. Currently they have a bus at the Halfmoon-Waterford station on 32.