Washington County NY Weather Alert tone's?I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew402

I am an EMS member in Washington County and was wondering if anyone knows the tone set they send out for the Weather alert's.. So I can program it in my minitor.

Thanks Andrew

Andrew402

So it's a group tone? And just to make sure this is ther one dispatched by the Dispatch center?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
1050hz is the tone sent out by the NWS for weather alerts.

Andrew402

No. Im talking about the tones that are sent out by Washington County Fire/EMS Control to alert us about weather coming our way.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I am an EMS member in Washington County and was wondering if anyone knows the tone set they send out for the Weather alert's.. So I can program it in my minitor.

Thanks Andrew
If you, or someone you know, has a pager that alerts on the storm tones, why not find someone who has the programming cradle for that brand and model of pager and just read the pager's codeplug?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
1050hz is the tone sent out by the NWS for weather alerts.
1050 hz is also the frequency of one of the standard alert tones built into most dispatch consoles. Dispatchers can send the tone out prior to an important announcement. It's not a programmed, fixed time tone, but more just to catch people's attention. Every console I ever used had an alert tone button right next to the transmit button.

Just to be clear, this is not a Quick Call II paging tone, at least when used by dispatchers as a "heads up" tone.

D

dmb41crash

1050 hz is also the frequency of one of the standard alert tones built into most dispatch consoles. Dispatchers can send the tone out prior to an important announcement. It's not a programmed, fixed time tone, but more just to catch people's attention. Every console I ever used had an alert tone button right next to the transmit button.

Just to be clear, this is not a Quick Call II paging tone, at least when used by dispatchers as a "heads up" tone.

The standard console alert tone is 1000 Hz, not 1050 Hz.

1047.1 Hz is a Motorola QCI tone (NB), which is why it wouldn't be used as a generic console alert tone. It's also the reason why you can still find 1047.1 Hz Vibrasponder reeds and Permacode filters for Minitor pagers that will open up on the NOAA frequencies when the 1050 Hz tone is transmitted.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
Washington County Tones

No. Im talking about the tones that are sent out by Washington County Fire/EMS Control to alert us about weather coming our way.

Andrew,

There are several sets of tones that are sent out for weather warnings. There is the Department of Public Safety Group Tone for DPS Staff, the County Civil Defense Tones (Weather Tones), and the All Fire Group Tone and All EMS Group Tone.

You may send me a PM and I can assist you.

D

DaveNF2G

If you are officially a member of an affected squad, try asking the County about the channels through which you can get such info. I'm sure they'd be happy to provide such info to the people in charge of your squad.

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
If you are officially a member of an affected squad, try asking the County about the channels through which you can get such info. I'm sure they'd be happy to provide such info to the people in charge of your squad.

Yes, that information has been provided to all agencies in the County.

Status
Not open for further replies.