Suffolk County Trunked System Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 questions about the Suffolk County system .
1 - There is quite a bit of activity on talk group 3536 which comes up as misc / code enforcement . Does this belong to the Town Of Smithtown ?
2 - I live in Lindenhurst which is covered by the SCPD 1st Pct . Why is it that the 1st Pct audio is always so choppy but I get Riverhead PD crystal clear and Riverhead is about 60 miles east of me and all of the other SCPD Pct's sound fine . I have the HP1 and use a Radio Shack 800MHz antenna model 20-283 . I have also used the stock antenna a Diamond RH77CA antenna and a long wire antenna . Any ideas of why this is ?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
You hear Riverhead just fine, because it is simulcasted through the entire county. I'm not sure why the 1st and only the 1st sounds choppy to you, but it might have something to do with the trunk receivers (voting system), or the pd patch system.

3536 should be the Town of Brookhaven services. I believe it was brought up on the RR Forums a few times. It is listed in the RRDB under Misc. services: Suffolk County Trunking System, Suffolk County, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.