RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 7:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Suffolk County Trunked System Questions

I have 2 questions about the Suffolk County system .
1 - There is quite a bit of activity on talk group 3536 which comes up as misc / code enforcement . Does this belong to the Town Of Smithtown ?
2 - I live in Lindenhurst which is covered by the SCPD 1st Pct . Why is it that the 1st Pct audio is always so choppy but I get Riverhead PD crystal clear and Riverhead is about 60 miles east of me and all of the other SCPD Pct's sound fine . I have the HP1 and use a Radio Shack 800MHz antenna model 20-283 . I have also used the stock antenna a Diamond RH77CA antenna and a long wire antenna . Any ideas of why this is ?
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2014, 8:02 PM
New York DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You hear Riverhead just fine, because it is simulcasted through the entire county. I'm not sure why the 1st and only the 1st sounds choppy to you, but it might have something to do with the trunk receivers (voting system), or the pd patch system.

3536 should be the Town of Brookhaven services. I believe it was brought up on the RR Forums a few times. It is listed in the RRDB under Misc. services: Suffolk County Trunking System, Suffolk County, New York - Scanner Frequencies