SkyHealth Medical Helicopter - North Shore LIJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdemers

Does anyone have the dispatch frequency for North Shore LIJ's new SkyHealth chopper?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Based purely on speculation, they may not have a dispatch frequency.

From what was written in today's Newsday, it seems that you could call this a flying "ambulette". It is supposed to take critically ill patients from a hospital that cannot treat them to NSLIJ, which is a Level 1 Triage center. The example that was in the paper today was that a patient could get from Southside in Bay Shore to NSLIJ in 15 minutes. The ride, according to the paper, is 40+ minutes. For those with a Newsday or Cablevision subscription, here is the link: SkyHealth helicopter ambulance service introduced at North Shore University Hospital - Newsday

Now, as far as what I almost certain about, is that they might be on a TRBO talkgroup. I believe NSLIJ Ambulances are all on the "OneVoice" TRBO System.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The example that was in the paper today was that a patient could get from Southside in Bay Shore to NSLIJ in 15 minutes. The ride, according to the paper, is 40+ minutes.

For clarification purposes: The 40 minute ride was how long it would take via a ground transport. The 15 minute ride was and example on how long it would be expected to transport via their new "SkyHealth"

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the responses, I guess this caught us all by surprise, I was hoping the Sky Health North Shore Helo was established already and had up and running frequencies and codes. Wonder if they would be in the 155.xxx range like Life Star?

imonitorit

I spoke to someone down there. They have MOTOTRBO for local comms. They can also punch in just about any other frequency in one of the radios similar to other medical helicopters in the area.

I was hoping too they would have a radio system like Lifestar and we could hear them being dispatched.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Do we know what Talkgroup number they are on?

Status
Not open for further replies.