Monroe County Fire/EMS talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing the following Fire/EMS channels on the Genesee, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans Counties Public Safety system on the Monroe East Simulcast site

1172 FD1CITY Disp Fire Ch. 1 - Dispatch - Rochester City
1173 FG2CITY Roch Fire Ch. 2 - Fireground - Rochester City
1174 FG 3 E CNTY Fire Ch. 3 - Fireground- County East
1175 FD 4 W CNTY Fire Ch. 4 - Fireground- County West
1176 FD5Mnro DISP Fire Ch. 5 - Dispatch - Monroe County
1177 EMS 295 Disp EMS Countywide Dispatch

The database currently shows:

Monroe County Fire Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
9721 25f9 D MonCo Fire 1 Rochester Fire Department Dispatch Channel (Fire 1) Fire Dispatch
9722 25fa D MonCo Fire 2 Rochester Fire Department Fire Ground Channel (Fire 2) Fire-Tac
9723 25fb D MonCo Fire 3 County Fire Ground East (Fire 3) Fire-Tac
9724 25fc D MonCo Fire 4 County Fire Ground West (Fire 4) Fire-Tac
9725 25fd D MonCo Fire 5 County Fire Dispatch (Fire 5) Fire Dispatch

I do have them programed into the scanner but I haven't heard anything, and I don't see any activity on unitrunker.

Ed
W2ER

mciupa

Database Admin
A couple of years ago, I would have jumped on this but no longer have access to NYS database.

Make a submission to correct the talkgroups or wait until a NY DB Admin reads this and corrects this for everyone's benefit.

Thank you for bringing this forward. :)

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
When I have a good signal they sound pretty much the same.

I do have what sounds like simulcast issues. I am using a PSR-500 and I have tried turning on the attenuator for the system, but that doesn't seem to make much difference.

Ed
W2ER

hfd26

The Monroe cty fire talkgroup is coming over the 396xt as 1072,1073,1076,1074 from the south site

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
None of the dec 1100's work, however when they are 1000's they do work.

I am hearing the following Fire/EMS channels on the Genesee, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans Counties Public Safety system on the Monroe East Simulcast site

1172 FD1CITY Disp Fire Ch. 1 - Dispatch - Rochester City
1173 FG2CITY Roch Fire Ch. 2 - Fireground - Rochester City
1174 FG 3 E CNTY Fire Ch. 3 - Fireground- County East
1175 FD 4 W CNTY Fire Ch. 4 - Fireground- County West
1176 FD5Mnro DISP Fire Ch. 5 - Dispatch - Monroe County
1177 EMS 295 Disp EMS Countywide Dispatch

The database currently shows:

Monroe County Fire Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
9721 25f9 D MonCo Fire 1 Rochester Fire Department Dispatch Channel (Fire 1) Fire Dispatch
9722 25fa D MonCo Fire 2 Rochester Fire Department Fire Ground Channel (Fire 2) Fire-Tac
9723 25fb D MonCo Fire 3 County Fire Ground East (Fire 3) Fire-Tac
9724 25fc D MonCo Fire 4 County Fire Ground West (Fire 4) Fire-Tac
9725 25fd D MonCo Fire 5 County Fire Dispatch (Fire 5) Fire Dispatch

I do have them programed into the scanner but I haven't heard anything, and I don't see any activity on unitrunker.

Ed
W2ER

elmer166

Feed Provider
They are listed wrong on the web site. I am only picking them up as 1072,1073,1074,1075,1076

I am using a Pro-197 and the East Side simulcast. The audio jumps from tower to tower causing the audio to be distorted. Does anybody know how to make it so it doesn't jump from tower to tower? Trying to get the audio to sound better.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
They are listed wrong on the web site...

Don't worry, a lot of the system is. People try to correct, but the DB admins seem to know more about it from MI.

Common theme here..

I've resorted to use it for amusement instead of value.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
None of the Monroe or Ontario system is Phase 2 yet either that I know of cause I hear them clear on phase 1.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The system is Phase II capable in all counties. Ontario, and Monroe just have not chosen to implement any TDMA usage yet. Something tells me when Monroe LEA's go on full time usage, they will have some TDMA tg's. Not to mention encryption on tacticals.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
The system is Phase II capable in all counties. Ontario, and Monroe just have not chosen to implement any TDMA usage yet. Something tells me when Monroe LEA's go on full time usage, they will have some TDMA tg's. Not to mention encryption on tacticals.

Interesting.

- How would Monroe or Ontario go about implementing TDMA talkgroups? What needs to happen?
- What happens if a radio is still Phase 1 on a Phase 2 talkgroup?
- How are all the systems connected?

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
All,

OK I'm going to take the heat for this mistake. When I wrote the information down I did so incorrectly and didn't catch it until now. The talkgroups are in fact 1072-1077.

I sincerely apologize for the mistake. I will submit a correction to the DB admin. Hopefully he will forgive me and make the corrections.

Ed
W2ER

W2ER

Premium Subscriber
Here is the correct info for the Monroe County Trunk system. Currently there aren't any users on the talkgroups, just audio from the current VHF channels.

1072 FD1CITY Disp Fire Ch. 1 - Dispatch - Rochester City
1073 FG2CITY Roch Fire Ch. 2 - Fireground - Rochester City
1074 FG 3 E CNTY Fire Ch. 3 - Fireground- County East
1075 FD 4 W CNTY Fire Ch. 4 - Fireground- County West
1076 FD5Mnro DISP Fire Ch. 5 - Dispatch - Monroe County
1077 EMS 295 Disp EMS Countywide Dispatch

Again I apologize for the earlier incorrect info.

Ed
W2ER

AlexC

Database Admin
I updated the database to reflect the 1000 series talkgroups as Ed posted above.

AlexC

Database Admin
Smart X patching, or whatever it is that Harris calls thiers?

Monroe County is all conventional - there is no per-existing trunk system for Fire, EMS, Police (see: RR Database).

SmartX is only able to be used in Motorola systems since it takes SmartZone (and likely SmartNet) and makes those sites visible to a P25 Trunking Controller... SmartZone and SmartNet trunking are Motorola proprietary formats so another company can not likely build a "SmartX" without potentially violating some sort of patent one would assume.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
They are using some kind of bridging/patching from the VHF to the new TRS. (Also see DB). All TRS's be it Harris, Motorola, Kenwood/EFJ, iCOM, Tait have bridging/patching capabilities. I was just wondering what Harris was calling theirs on the P25 IP's. Buncombe County in NC is also doing this and simulcasting VHF FD's/SO UHF EMS and the 700.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
The devices?
Motorola = CCGW (for conventional) or Smart X (for legacy trunking)
Harris = UAC for conventional

Otherwise the term for the effect, universally, is called "patching."

Status
Not open for further replies.