Utica NY Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsp92

I have 15 frequencies programmed into my radios for the Utica NY EDACS system per JPJ Electronics website however only 13 are listed in the Radio Reference data base. As JPJ maintains this EDACS system I assume 15 is the correct number? Curious as to how this affects the Zip code programming of the Uniden Home Patrol scanners if it is only picking up 13 of the 15 frequencies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
I have 15 frequencies programmed into my radios for the Utica NY EDACS system per JPJ Electronics website however only 13 are listed in the Radio Reference data base. As JPJ maintains this EDACS system I assume 15 is the correct number? Curious as to how this affects the Zip code programming of the Uniden Home Patrol scanners if it is only picking up 13 of the 15 frequencies.

EDACS lost some frequencies to Nextel Rebanding. and why Rome is no longer 800 TRS. Also JPJ's site doesn't have the County PSB/Jail information on their site. Utica Public Safety, and the Jail are 2 separate sites. Radio reference shows both, JPJ does not. if you go with the zip code programming, it will work fine.

Last edited:

rsp92

Thank You

Thanks for the info. Reprogrammed with just the 8 listed on radio reference and everything seems to work fine. Is the county jail EDACS system a lower powered system? I have difficulty picking it up. Thanks.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Reprogrammed with just the 8 listed on radio reference and everything seems to work fine. Is the county jail EDACS system a lower powered system? I have difficulty picking it up. Thanks.

Dont know, dont listen to it. Used to, but it got boring. Guess it depends on your location and antenna. I can monitor it fine from Utica no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.