Steuben County

Status
Not open for further replies.

polishusmc

I'm interested in picking up a scanner for the local Corning police dept. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on scanners that will pick them up. My distance from the police station is about 6 blocks.

Junie55

Corning NY

I'm interested in picking up a scanner for the local Corning police dept. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on scanners that will pick them up. My distance from the police station is about 6 blocks.

Your going to need a digital scanner to listen to Corning PD or the Steuben County Sheriff. I love the Uniden Scanners myself, but ant digital capable scanner should work.

Good Luck

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
It depends on your abilities and time

And of course, money! ;)

There are plenty to choose from but you have to have some knowledge and patience if you want to do anything other than plug-n-play. Even that isn't quite as easy as it sounds.

There are a couple of new models that allow you to turn it on and follow the questions it asks you- uniden home patrol and the bc536HP, or the whistler 1080.

The other models require you to use computer software and/or a paid subscription to this site.

There are no quick/easy answers to your general question but that's about as simple as anyone can give you at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.