Why Such Lack Of Businesses In The RR DB for NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

As we know, NYC is filled with businesses of all kinds and yet there is a lack of businesses listed in the RR DB. Is this intentional because there are just too many or no one put the time and effort into submitting them? I know most of us have a greater interest in public safety, but it would be nice to see more businesses posted so we know what's out there and who is using what. I am located in NJ, but if I happen to come across anything I can confirm, I will submit it. Let's get the ball rolling!

KA2ZEY

Good question. I've made it a kind of hobby to collect business frequencies and try to identify them. I have a collection going of both analog and DMR (with the help of DSDPlus and my CS700). As soon as I find out what service it is, I label it. RR has a good look up database and you can kind of narrow it down. I'd be happy to share mine if you want to PM me (I don't have a list organized yet). And if anyone would like to share, we could have a kind of 'NYC business frequency swap' club!

Analogrules

Yeah, I just started searching the business bands recently and only have 2-3 confirmed frequencies for NYC so far (mostly school bus companies) that I will be submitting to the DB soon. Please feel free to PM me what you have or better yet, submit what you have so far directly into the DB. Thank you very much!

QDP2012

In case it helps, maybe as a starting point, the RR Wiki Category "New York Frequencies" might have some business-related articles that contain frequency information.

If you find a Wiki article that you would like to update, please feel free to update it, or ask for assistance in the Wiki Forum.

(In the future, the category "New York Business Frequencies" will be implemented, but some other steps need to happen first.)

Hope this helps,

kma371

QRT
As we know, NYC is filled with businesses of all kinds and yet there is a lack of businesses listed in the RR DB. Is this intentional because there are just too many or no one put the time and effort into submitting them? I know most of us have a greater interest in public safety, but it would be nice to see more businesses posted so we know what's out there and who is using what. I am located in NJ, but if I happen to come across anything I can confirm, I will submit it. Let's get the ball rolling!

The database is user generated So nothing is intentionally left out. If you confirm anything, please submit it to the database.

Analogrules

I submitted a couple confirmed business frequencies to the db a few days ago, still haven't been approved though.

Darkstar350

Speaking of businesses - anyone know what Waste Management are operating on? I have heard nothing on these freqs -
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQNT988 - WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS INC
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQML242 - WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS
they are also licensed for a common business/nationwide 800mhz freq - ULS License - Business, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Conventional License - WNYA787 - WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS INC. again - nothing...

I know DSNY handles most of the garbage but some info on some of the private carters such as WM in the NYC area could use to be in the DB(i would guess that some of them may possibly be on a private carrier business trunk system or a nextel type thing...)

n2nov

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQNT988 - WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS INC

These are simplex freq in narrow FM for their Brooklyn facility.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQML242 - WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS

These are simplex freq in narrow FM for their Bronx facility.

Darkstar350

^ ah ok so basically somewhat just low power portables to be used at a transfer station - one would have to be close to hear kinda thing gotcha

Thanks for the insight :D

I think about a few years ago that businesses such as dumpster companies/private haulers were on a few of those 900mhz business systems which are pretty much defunct now or have switched to TRBO systems
I see a few 900mhz systems in the DB that now are expired...

Analogrules

I recently confirmed a couple more taxi/transportation companies that I will be submitting when I have more time.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I live uptown manhattan but work in midtown and downtown, i will start making a list of the businesses i get with closecall.
I want to work on the DMR side of things, as i am interested in learning how to decode the systems.

I have a panasonic toughbook CF-29 that i can use with my 396XT to decode, just have to learn how to use the software.

I am interested if anyone knows anything about the Empire State Building DMR system. I was just recently at a seminar inside the building and noticed that everyone working there has the XPR7550 radios.

Any info on that?

Analogrules

Priority, here are the two licenses for the Empire State Building Operations. Both licenses show DMR emissions. All frequencies in lower 450 range and there are a lot of them.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQSB218 - Empire State Building Co, LLC (these are the higher watt radios that use a repeater)

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQMD585 - Empire State Building Company LLC - Frequencies Summary (simplex 4 watt radio license)

If you can confirm any of this, please submit to the db.

Analogrules

I would think there are many more businesses on that system, then what's in the DB. Please add any new tg's to the DB that you find.

Darkstar350

^ Oh absolutley - i pretty much just got the ball rolling with that system as i said it is very active there is definitely more to it...

This system (i think) is one of those systems that will eventually become part of the Onevoice Trbo network(you will notice the trbo emission on some of the licenses) but as of now it dosent seem like its going anywhere soon...

Darkstar350

Sorry to dig up this thread again - but just a suggestion to the admins -
You may want to add a link for this LTR system to the NYC Business section with a description like "Various NYC businesses operate on this system" -
Atlantic Telecommunications Trunking System, New York, New York - Scanner Frequencies

The reason i am suggesting this is due to the fact that this system in particular is VERY active with a lot of businesses operating on it so therefore having the link on the Business page would probobly help those who are looking for business activity to find them...

Status
Not open for further replies.