Wyoming County Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
What is the issue with Canada which is holding up the move to the new Dispatch Frequency??? Geeze, By the time they get permission to utilize it, the pagers and radios now sitting collecting dust will be obsolete...A shame that this is being dragged on like it is...totally unnecessary....

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
A friend of mine gave a training class on intermod in Canada recently and there were Industry Canada (DOC)
people in attendance. They claim there are no available frequencies in the Toronto metro area.
If so, any change or addition above line A is going to be a bigger issue than ever.

BITT211

Wyoming county fire dispatch

CANADA STARTING TO CRACK , allowing Wyoming County Fire to retest the new high band freq. again, June 1st or there after, there is light in at the end of the tunnel !

joespca

Does anyone know what the new frequency will be for the police and fire dept, also will it be digital or analog?
Thanks

D

DaveNF2G

Part of the cross-border coordination issue is political. The U.S. accuses Canada of being uncooperative and dragging its feet. I haven't heard what Canada has to say. :)

joespca

I herd Canada has given approval for the frequency. Just awaiting for faa approval on the new tower. I didn't know if they released the frequency yet or if digital or analog.

D

DaveNF2G

Keep watching the ULS. They will have to get a license before they can use the frequency.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What is the uls
It is the FCC's Universal Licensing System. All kinds of info about systems can be learned from the various search results. You can search for applications as well as licenses. FWIW, it is definitely worth the time to learn how to make good use of the ULS. FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS)

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Keep watching the ULS. They will have to get a license before they can use the frequency.
I did not find an application in the name of the county. I did try an FRN search, and same results.

Since applications show progress status like Canadian approval and FAA approval, that would suggest that there is no movement on this OR the application is under a different name.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Found this, not sure if this is it though.

WQRL417 - ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQRL417 - WYOMING, COUNTY OF (has P25 P1 emission designator on the lic)

KEB322 - ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KEB322 - WYOMING, COUNTY OF - Administration (the last freq on the license has a P25 designator

WNYL205 - ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WNYL205 - WYOMING, COUNTY OF (same details as above)

WQVR997 - ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQVR997 - WYOMING, COUNTY OF (most suspect to be causing a hang up, recently resolved, because it was approved 4/27/15, with the note about not causing interference in missasauga, ontario, ca

D

DaveNF2G

That last one might be it.

I find it interesting that the contact person is an employee of a commercial radio shop (Saia Communications). This suggests that, if the county wants to expand beyond what is available for public safety in the area, then they might utilize frequencies licensed to Saia instead.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
They do that for their customers i believe, looking at a few of the fire departments in erie county (where saia is HUGE in emergency services communications), they are on a few licenses, and i know that saia does not use their frequency and they do not use saia frequencies, and saia is just their people who maintain and sell all their equipment they use. maybe its part of a service contract?

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Common practice to see a commercial radio shop (sales,service provider)listed on the license. All it means is that business is managing that license or submitted the license or both. It does not mean anything other than that.

W3DMV

You might want to look at application file 0005972408
This application has more attachments, letters and notes
from the folks north of the border. Has not been approved but
a request for additional testing at 5 watts ERP. That's gonna
be a big signal !
This application has been rejected several times, mortified
and re submitted. Can't say I've seen a simple application
with this much paper work attached in years..

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0005972408 - WYOMING, COUNTY OF

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I am so glad i dont live near line a......gees.....what a mess....cant wait till Greene Schoharie and delaware etc mix it up....as some of it already is...Whatever flavor of the day the highly paid "consultants" say

BITT211

Wyoming county fire dispatch

Latest information , the 155.6700 has [passed both canada's test ] with no problem , they are just waiting for letter from fcc

Status
Not open for further replies.