Olean City Fire High Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestand68

Olean City Fire is now transmitting on high band, does anyone know what the new frequency is? I have heard its somewhere in the 400 band.

thanks

D

DaveNF2G

400 would not be "high band." That is UHF.

Can we assume that you have checked the RRDB and the "new" channel is not listed there?

lonestand68

yes I checked the database and its not listed yet, it still shows the old low band numbers that are no longer in use.

The county and fire department are now broadcasting Olean city fire on a new frequency i have been unable to find.

for years i have hosted them on my feed now iv'e lost them until I can get the new frequency

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
From an FCC search, try:
Under callsign WNQT902
They are licensed as both analog and p25.
I see no uhf (400) licenses.

lonestand68

this needs to be added to the database! you did it Thunderknight!!!

OCFD is now broadcasting on 155.190

my feed now has them back on the air thank you

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
The RR database still hasn't been updated as of right now 6/20/15, 12:00 midnight...Still showing the Low band 33.640....Admin...can you update??? Thanks!!!

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
My next question is this regarding this frequency change...If they are licensed for P25 does that mean that there is a thought or a reality they might go to P25 or is it just to cover all bases just in case??? How good is the chance???

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
My next question is this regarding this frequency change...If they are licensed for P25 does that mean that there is a thought or a reality they might go to P25 or is it just to cover all bases just in case??? How good is the chance???

Hard to say. It might just be covering all bases. A lot of agencies license p25 these days, whether there is any immediate plan to change or not.

lonestand68

chances are very good because Cattaraugus county sheriff is now digital and soon Olean police are going digital so i suspect Olean fire could easily go p25

i didn't check it yet but Olean fire may already be on p25 now my scanner is listing to both analog and digital atm

next time they broadcast ill look at the scanner and see if its coming thru p25 and report it

D

DaveNF2G

If it's analog, don't forget the CTCSS/DCS info. If it's P25, get the NAC.

lonestand68

it is defiantly being broadcast in P25

not sure what a NAC is but when my scanner (Uniden bcd996xt) shows them transmitting it has a
P25 in the window

mciupa

The RR database still hasn't been updated as of right now 6/20/15, 12:00 midnight...Still showing the Low band 33.640....Admin...can you update??? Thanks!!!

Most of the regular Admins live in the eastern part of the state and I've noticed the Global Admins will handle the submissions after one week.

Some of you may remember that I had access to NYS a few years back and I would work your submissions promptly. I have asked for access but have received no reply.

It will get worked...... eventually. :(

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
lonestand68,
Thanks for the update. I'm really very surprised that OCFD jumped all the way to P25. I can understand LE doing it, But Fire/EMS...That's going over the top IMHO..

D

DaveNF2G

It seems less logical to me when, within a given municipality, different services are using different modes. The City pays for the radio systems and it makes sense to make them as similar as possible.

lonestand68

there's something wrong with this frequency or how i'm monitoring it.

It was great at first loud and clear but now i'm getting an annoying noise on it like a mic clicking open every few seconds, i know for a fact its not coming over the fire departments radios but i'm getting it when i try to host it on my feed of catt county.

maybe i'm doing something wrong but i have no idea what.

i'm using a Uniden Bearcat BCD996xt and its only happening on Olean's new fire dispatch 155.1900

i have noticed my scanner says LNK and p25 when OCFD is actually broadcasting and not when its the clicking noise

ill put it back on my feed for a while maybe someone can help me figure out whats wrong please.

here's the link to my feed you cant miss the noise its every few seconds on that freq

Olean Police and Fire, Cattaraugus County Sheriff / Fire, NYSP-TROOP-A

thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.