Saratoga Springs PD activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_S

Anyone have some insight as to what's been going on with their radio system? Earlier this week there's been some repair work and for the last couple days, I've only been able to monitor the dispatcher. Today I come home from work and that's gone too. Have they moved over to the Saratoga County system? Seemed like the strongest possibility but I can't find anything pointing to this. I even cranked up the BC246T and tried close call...I live a couple of blocks from the main drag. Haven't heard a peep yet.

John_S

Pretty sure they've made the switch

Saw a couple of the cruisers and the 1/4 wave Larsen antennas are gone. In their place are these stubby pieces...about 2" dia and about 3" tall. The last thing I wanted to do this summer is have to shell out for a digital scanner. Been having way too much fun buying and using camera gear.

D

DaveNF2G

I plan to be at the SMARA Field Day site in Niskayuna for a while later today with my HP-1E. I will try to remember to check on this while I'm up that way.

John_S

Thanks Dave. With the antennas changed on all the cruisers, it looks like digital is the new reality here. Already started looking at the HP-2...although the $400+ would have bought me another lens for my camera. I'm gonna send the bill to the City Council. Well at least we won't have to listen to Gloversville DPW in the morning.

joeuser

The Wretched
Saw a couple of the cruisers and the 1/4 wave Larsen antennas are gone. In their place are these stubby pieces...about 2" dia and about 3" tall. The last thing I wanted to do this summer is have to shell out for a digital scanner. Been having way too much fun buying and using camera gear.

I miss my days there, Caroline St... Started getting into scanners while I was there, really into - that is...
Got my first "real" scanner at Radio Shark at Pyramid Mall... Oh so anyway...

Think you want the last or bottom feed...

Saratoga County New York Live Audio Feeds

Save your money or fill the gap until you get one of your own!

Drink some Hawthorne Spring water for me would ya? (Below the library & across from the park)

John_S

Had to laugh...I see lots of folks over there taking a taste. Not me...I can smell it 20' away. Ran into a guy that drives at least 3 hours each way, couple times a week, just to fill up as many bottles as he can find from that spring. Crazy town at times, but it's home. OK, I'll give that feed a shot and see what happens. Previously, no one had a feed going for SS PD, but maybe with the change to the county system it will appear in the feed.

D

DaveNF2G

With the weekend-long rain, I did not go to any Field Day sites, so I don't have any new data on SSPD yet.

John_S

Yeah...I've been hearing them lately on the county feed. Well one good thing about this is that now the mobiles are much more easily heard. On the analog system, the dispatcher must have had the volume cranked, because the units always seemed like they were mumbling and hardly audible...yet dispatch always copied OK. That's different now. I see an HP-2 in my future.

joeuser

The Wretched
Yeah...I've been hearing them lately on the county feed. Well one good thing about this is that now the mobiles are much more easily heard. On the analog system, the dispatcher must have had the volume cranked, because the units always seemed like they were mumbling and hardly audible...yet dispatch always copied OK. That's different now. I see an HP-2 in my future.

Consider the new 996 w P2 as well then...

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
Using Unitrunker...also logging the following talkgroups starting with "56"

5612 = SSPD ???
5613 = SSPD ???
5615 = SSPD Encrypted
5616 = SSPD Encrypted
5631 = SSPD ???
5699 = SSPD ???

D

DaveNF2G

Slightly OT.

Wow. I am about half as far from Saratoga County as Glen and I can receive absolutely nothing from there on 800 MHz. :(

lafd55

Most departments are now switching to the TRS from their old systems. So if you track RIDs there should be a good increase in activity. At least with Saratoga's TRS RIDs were setup very easily to decode.

Status
Not open for further replies.