Albany County update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
I updated the DB to reflect the changes but I am posting it here as well: Albany County Communications now dispatches Coeymans, Coeymans Hollow and Ravena Fire Departments on 154.415. AC Comm also now dispatches Coeymans Police on the 159.360 Albany County law enforcement frequency. These will all eventually changeover to the P25 Phase II system when it goes online in the fall.

City of Albany will be switching to the P25 Phase II system shortly. Stay tuned.

D

DaveNF2G

Correction - Albany County's system will not be Phase II.

At least now we don't have to listen to the out-of-county police traffic on the old Coeymans fire channel any more.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany County Update

Bad news and bad news...right? Nothing can receive that mode yet? Or enlighten me?

I also receiceived some encrypted P25 a week or so ago. I think it was 155.700? I'll double check though. It was Rennselaer County, I don't think.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Any digital scanner will receive phase 1. It's what both Colonie and Saratoga use now.

Given most current subscribers are using Astro series radios (that I've seen), it makes sense it would only be phase 1. Phase 2 would require all new subscribers in Albany and Colonie.

I also receiceived some encrypted P25 a week or so ago. I think it was 155.700? I'll double check though. It was Rennselaer County, I don't think.

155.700 is used by the Schenectady County Sheriff.

Last edited:

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
Rensselaer county is in the process of creating/ building a p25 phase 2 system. There's still alot of work ahead. I'll try to keep everyone informed as I can.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany County Update

Thanks. Seems to be some differing opinions. But your statements make sense.

Typo on my part meant to be that it was not Renns on the 155.7!

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

When I think back to all the years "following" some of these departments it has been as the Grateful Dead said..."a long strange trip"!

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
155.85750 159.02250 this is your output and input for the rensco sherriffs p25 system

D

DaveNF2G

There seems to be some confusion on the terminology.

P25 - APCO Project 25 digital of all types.
Phase I - regular P25 digital with one talk path per frequency
Phase II - multiplexed P25 digital with more than one talk path per frequency
Encrypted - scrambled - can apply to any digital or analog system, but digital is not encryption

Albany County is assembling a P25 Phase I system that will absorb Colonie's existing P25 Phase I sites and Albany's Motorola P36 sites.

Rensselaer County Sheriff is using a P25 digital Phase I (if that even applies to non-trunked systems) conventional repeater. I've heard rumors about the county replacing the analog LTR-MultiNet system with P25, but nothing official regarding Phase I or Phase II. As Rensco has not been interoperable with anyone since moving to 800 MHz, I don't suppose they are going to be too concerned with future interoperability, either.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
[/Quote]
Rensselaer County Sheriff is using a P25 digital Phase I (if that even applies to non-trunked systems) conventional repeater. I've heard rumors about the county replacing the analog LTR-MultiNet system with P25, but nothing official regarding Phase I or Phase II. As Rensco has not been interoperable with anyone since moving to 800 MHz, I don't suppose they are going to be too concerned with future interoperability, either.[/QUOTE]

Dave,

The County will have interoperbility with the surrounding counties Albany, Saratoga, NYSP, Washington counties. The County is Replacing the LTR-MultiNet system with a MOTO P25 system. i will start a thread in the coming hours pertaining to the NEW P25 system.

Com-Tech51H8

Premium Subscriber
There seems to be some confusion on the terminology.

Rensselaer County Sheriff is using a P25 digital Phase I (if that even applies to non-trunked systems) conventional repeater. I've heard rumors about the county replacing the analog LTR-MultiNet system with P25, but nothing official regarding Phase I or Phase II. As Rensco has not been interoperable with anyone since moving to 800 MHz, I don't suppose they are going to be too concerned with future interoperability, either.

Dave,

The County will have interoperbility with the surrounding counties Albany, Saratoga, NYSP. The County is Replacing the LTR-MultiNet system with a MOTO P25 system. i will start a thread in the coming hours pertaining to the NEW P25 system.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Looking forward to some solid information. :)

Phase II is only "interoperable" with Phase I in one direction.

Maybe the county will learn to define interoperability in operational terms instead of technological ones, in which case they might be able to make it happen after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.