Ulster Cnty Fair frequencies in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

louis2322

Feed Provider
I am looking to see if anyone happens to know what frequencies are in use when the Ulster County Fair at the fairgrounds in New Paltz is in town for their EMS/Fire, maintenance, and security channels. I have asked a few ham friends and none know them. The best part of this all, even the fair coordinator doesnt know them(Asked him personally, since I am with the department that covers them, and how thats possible I dont know). I want to throw them in my fire department scanner. I know the day of the fair I can setup a spectrum analyzer or use the close call feature in my 15x, but if someone already has it itd save me a huge amount of time!

D

DaveNF2G

I would throw in all of the MURS and itinerant (dot/star) frequencies.

Maybe the coordinator at least knows from which radio shop they are getting their radios. You can find out what itinerant licenses they have.

louis2322

Feed Provider
I would throw in all of the MURS and itinerant (dot/star) frequencies.

Maybe the coordinator at least knows from which radio shop they are getting their radios. You can find out what itinerant licenses they have.

Yeah, I didnt even think about that. I already have MURS loaded in my scanner. I know for a fact they run VHF, as I've seen their portables they use year after year. Thanks for the good start.

Spec

My bet says Moto TRBO. NYCOMCO rents out the system to events such as the rib fest at the fair grounds. Just a guess.

Tech1

Ulster County Fair

I would monitor FRS/GMRS, MURS, all the Itineranty frequencies because the people who operate the carnival rides travel from place to place. If your scanner has a search feature, use that as well.

louis2322

Feed Provider
My bet says Moto TRBO. NYCOMCO rents out the system to events such as the rib fest at the fair grounds. Just a guess.

I work for them. lol They dont get their radios thru us. We use XPRs and the fair uses, if memoryserves, a varation of Motorola VHF, but i dont remember the model

louis2322

Feed Provider
I would monitor FRS/GMRS, MURS, all the Itineranty frequencies because the people who operate the carnival rides travel from place to place. If your scanner has a search feature, use that as well.

I know the carnies definately use FRS radios. I am in the hunt for the security and ems frequencies

D

DaveNF2G

Any local generic EMS channel, police detail or car-car (NYSP 154.665 is a good bet if that agency is present), fireground or tactical.

louis2322

Feed Provider
Any local generic EMS channel, police detail or car-car (NYSP 154.665 is a good bet if that agency is present), fireground or tactical.

Im gonna give the DOT and MURS frequencies a whirl, like you suggested, as well as monitor the vmed channels. Thanks.

Spec

If you are focusing on Emergency Services the agencies that cover the detail are :
New Paltz PD
Ulster Cty S.O.
New Paltz Rescue
additional are Mobile Life Support
Again more than likely it will be TRBO for general operations. As I stated before NYCOM has been pushing the TRBO stuff at various events around the county. The Itinerants and FRS/GMRS, MURS are usually used by the vendors.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
If you are focusing on Emergency Services the agencies that cover the detail are :
New Paltz PD
Ulster Cty S.O.
New Paltz Rescue
additional are Mobile Life Support
Again more than likely it will be TRBO for general operations. As I stated before NYCOM has been pushing the TRBO stuff at various events around the county. The Itinerants and FRS/GMRS, MURS are usually used by the vendors.

Spec, the OP stated that he works for NYCOMCO and they are not the vendor for the Ulster County Fair.

Louie, you stated you're with New Paltz Fire, more then likely the crew who is going to be on standby at the fair will more then likely have a fair radio. If you guys are issued a fair radio then it should be pretty easy to find the info you're looking for.

KC2zZe

The best part of this all, even the fair coordinator doesnt know them(Asked him personally, since I am with the department that covers them, and how thats possible I dont know).
Lou, I'm actually surprised that you're surprised that he doesn't know what frequencies his Fair is using. The vast majority of two-way radio users only understand the concept of "Push this button to talk. Release to listen," and, maybe, "turn this knob to that channel to talk to so-and-so and, when you're done, turn it back." As Coordinator he might also know one more thing: what phone number to call when one of the radios break.

Not everybody that carries a portable around is as big a buff as you and the yo-yos on this board are..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.