Orange 911 Priority Patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
While traveling through Orange County yesterday, Orange 911 dispatched a priority call in the Town of Newburgh that (as usual) was polled over VHF 159.135 PL 118.8 and EDACS 911 800 (TG 04-022) simultaneously. However, when Base 3 answered on 800, their transmission was also repeated over VHF. I haven't been in the area in a while but this was the first time I've heard this. Since all the transmissions took place on the 800 side, I could not confirm if a unit answering on VHF (such as NYSP) comes over 800. This set up is similar to what Dutchess 911 does with 155.415 DPL 654 and TG 03-091; and Ulster 911 on 155.025 PL 100.0 and TG 06-037. Can anyone confirm is this is the new set-up so units on VHF can communicate with units on 800 now or just the dispatcher doing a console patch? I was driving through the County south so I could not confirm anything more.

RadioComm

Premium Subscriber
While traveling through Orange County yesterday, Orange 911 dispatched a priority call in the Town of Newburgh that (as usual) was polled over VHF 159.135 PL 118.8 and EDACS 911 800 (TG 04-022) simultaneously. However, when Base 3 answered on 800, their transmission was also repeated over VHF. I haven't been in the area in a while but this was the first time I've heard this. Since all the transmissions took place on the 800 side, I could not confirm if a unit answering on VHF (such as NYSP) comes over 800. This set up is similar to what Dutchess 911 does with 155.415 DPL 654 and TG 03-091; and Ulster 911 on 155.025 PL 100.0 and TG 06-037. Can anyone confirm is this is the new set-up so units on VHF can communicate with units on 800 now or just the dispatcher doing a console patch? I was driving through the County south so I could not confirm anything more.

You are correct, 800Mhz EDACS and VHF are now fully patched together. A unit on 800 is now heard on VHF and vice versa.

KC2GSP

Now the real question I have, with all this talk about a new trunked system coming in 2016-2017, is edacs going to be scrapped? Town of Newburgh edacs coming off of Mount beacon doesn't even work in the police station on a portable or the many fringe areas in town. I would hope its a trunked Motorola system

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
They are waaaayyyy behind schedule with the trunked system. Don't count on 2016 and if I was a betting man, 2017 either. And since we are talking about betting, I'll bet Motorola gets the contract from what I've seen and heard.

As far as EDACS, it's at its life's end. As infrastructure starts breaking, good luck finding replacement parts. I'll laugh when Base 1, 3, 4 and 5 go back to the old VHF MRD Newburgh 154.875 and all the County dispatched departments go on OC MRD 155.850.

I know Newburgh MRD worked fine until the power was turned down and had the antenna was upside down on the tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
They are waaaayyyy behind schedule with the trunked system. Don't count on 2016 and if I was a betting man, 2017 either. And since we are talking about betting, I'll bet Motorola gets the contract from what I've seen and heard.

As far as EDACS, it's at its life's end. As infrastructure starts breaking, good luck finding replacement parts. I'll laugh when Base 1, 3, 4 and 5 go back to the old VHF MRD Newburgh 154.875 and all the County dispatched departments go on OC MRD 155.850.

I know Newburgh MRD worked fine until the power was turned down and had the antenna was upside down on the tower.

What I find interesting is they are taking parts from other sights to keep the system up, a lot of MASTR III carcass in the racks with no cards in them. Usually if they have a problem with one of the channels, they just take the channel out of service.

What is kinda funny, the Microwave system that Orange County had paid for, that is tied into the the EDACS system is being maintained by Goosetown.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
And the MCC7500 consoles that control all that GE / M/A-Com / Harris equipment is as well. Needless to say, you can see the direction the County is going.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
That's what it sounded like when I heard it. I believe Dutchess and Ulster are full-time and done at the sites however.

Ulster and Dutchess links are right at Ceder St. A long with a few other links to edacs

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Someone told me they are using Trident Comm Tac for the patches...can anyone confirm ?

KC2GSP

Will the new system they are eventually going to be able to be monitored on a uniden 536hp? I'm trying to hold off on any new purchases until I see what direction they're going to

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Someone told me they are using Trident Comm Tac for the patches...can anyone confirm ?

I have seen them used on, On site systems to patch them into Connect Plus. Not sure if they are using them or what they are using for the patches on edacs.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
KC2GSP...they are switching to a 700 MHz Phase II system so you're 536 will be able to monitor it.

Comspec333

What is kinda funny, the Microwave system that Orange County had paid for, that is tied into the the EDACS system is being maintained by Goosetown.

The County microwave system does not touch the EDACS system. Currently, the only voice channels on the County microwave is the two paging channels and low band for fire. NYCOMCo maintains their own microwave system for the EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.