Suffolk PD 800mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninthwonder4

Currently living in the Lynbrook area (western Nassau) and the reception on the Suffolk system is just terrible. Using a PSR-500 with the RS 800 antenna. I can barely pick up the system. Some days it's decent and scratchy other days i can't pick it up. Now my question is could it be just my distance from the site or programmed wrong? When I analyze the system the only hit I get is on a backup (blue) control channel. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

miserytom

I'm in Nassau every Thursday for work and I loose it a little east of the middle of the county , I have a uniden home patrol and radio shack mag mount antenna

ninthwonder4

Yea like last night it came in great and I'm sure it had to do with atmospheric conditions but today I'm not getting much signal.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My buddy works for the cable company. He gave me these

FRA1-1510/AC | Antronix Store

AMP - MRA1-15/AC | Antronix Store

and when I lived on the Nassau Suffolk line, in East Farmingdale, I was picking up NYPD, FDNY, and some of the trunked systems in NYC. I was picking up police and fire from Connecticut with 4 - 6 bars on the signal meter.

From an old post of mine,

I live on Long Island and have a BR330t..The suffolk 800 Mhz system came in with 3 bars and now using the amp its 6 bars and clear..My outdoor ant faces north north east and the systems to the west come in much clearer now...I cant wait to try it on my homemade yagi...I also get the federal system with 4 bars..

The amp works for me and my needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.