Sound Beach F D on Suffolk Trs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
For the last few days I have been hearing Sound Beach fire district ambulances on talk group 2672

Is this a temporary or a permanent thing? I ask because I believe I heard someone else using this tg a while back during a fire works display in Ronkonkoma.

miserytom

Sound beach just got a few 800mhz portables for the TRS system , they were most likely talking to medcom , I don't believe they have one for there HQ but I'll find out and update ya

miserytom

Ok , they just have the portables, mainly use them to communicate with firecom and medcom , but they do have there own dept channel on them too.

And since firecom is Id 308 , I'd bet that medcom is Id 306

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
And since firecom is Id 308 , I'd bet that medcom is Id 306

Been listening and logging the med com east and west tg's and I am seeing uid 203 as the base for both.

Just heard a sound beach unit call fire com. The uid that answered as fire com was uid 306 on tg2672. Fire Com has a few tg's gonna try to see if they all use the same base .

Read in another forum that sound beach is one of a few depts beta testing 800mhz at this time. If true, then 2672 may be a new talk group for firecom until they get their new system up and running.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the logging, I see radio id 308 (that answers as firecom on tg2672), and the sound beach units were on another unknown tg 2608

miserytom

Wonder why they chose sound beach lol they must be the only dept testing that TG , haven't heard anyone else on it

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Wonder why they chose sound beach lol they must be the only dept testing that TG , haven't heard anyone else on it

Heard them dispatched last week. 24 on a 13 to rocky point their fcc call sign was used too..

miserytom

Well sound beach got the notification to return the 800mhz radios, so I guess there testing time is done lol

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
My guess is they chose Sound Beach because that area on the north shore is horrible for coverage because of the terrain. Prob trying to see how the area is covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.