yonkers ny pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmf1209

ok thanks

I have a bcd325 p2 and im still not able to pick them up. i cant seem to figure out why, havent been in the scanner game for over 20 years so im an amatuer all over again.

dmf1209

Yes those are the ones i have, I'm gonna try An external antenna. Because now that i put some thought into it, i can't even get a decent radio station in my apt. Thanks for the help.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If your in Yonkers, you should get those channels with the stock antenna.. I can pick up NYPD from Babylon with the stock antenna. How do you have the freqs entered? Try just entering them without the nac .

ansky

I can hear Yonkers PD (and FD) from 30 miles away in NJ using an indoor antenna. The signal gets out pretty far so you shouldn't have any trouble hearing them if you're anywhere near Yonkers.

dmf1209

problem solved, im now using a mobile antenna outside my window and all is heard clear now.thanks for your help and support guys.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
problem solved, im now using a mobile antenna outside my window and all is heard clear now.thanks for your help and support guys.

If you are in Yonkers, you should not need a mobile/outdoor antenna. Are you scanning from a house or an apt building?

Archie

Is Yonkers PD moving to the T Band???

They approved a $1.7 million dollar system upgrade in November, so am wondering if they are transitioning to the T Band as was done partially with one Yonkers Fire uhf frequency..

Thanks

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Is Yonkers PD moving to the T Band???

They approved a $1.7 million dollar system upgrade in November, so am wondering if they are transitioning to the T Band as was done partially with one Yonkers Fire uhf frequency..

Thanks

No.

emt587

Premium Subscriber
Yonkers PD

Yes 20 some years ago they switched to p25 their man channel is 453.475mhz with a nac of 107 their back up channel is 453.275 not sure of that nac but when you program a p25 channel the NAC is like a PL. a few agencies in Westchester are p25 but straight p25 not trunked

Greenburgh PD

White Plains PD

Dobbs Ferry PD.

Tarrytown PD.

As, I said as long as you have a p25 scanner you need not worry about talkgroup IDs

radiomanNJ1

Yes 20 some years ago they switched to p25 their man channel is 453.475mhz with a nac of 107 their back up channel is 453.275 not sure of that nac but when you program a p25 channel the NAC is like a PL. a few agencies in Westchester are p25 but straight p25 not trunked

Greenburgh PD

White Plains PD

Dobbs Ferry PD.

Tarrytown PD.

As, I said as long as you have a p25 scanner you need not worry about talkgroup IDs

P25 has nothing to do with trunking. There are P25 trunked systems and analog trunked systems. There as in Yonkers case P25 conventional channels. Yonkers went from low band I believe it was 45.50 for the PD a long time ago.
They had portables that were crossbanded I don't remember the freq. but it was two different bands on a Motorola HTportable.

Archie

Are they getting new portables with this upgraded radio system??? Assuming they may get Baefong(sp) like the NYPD and it's amazing how small they are...wondering if they will increase their operability with neighboring agencies...

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Are they getting new portables with this upgraded radio system??? Assuming they may get Baefong(sp) like the NYPD and it's amazing how small they are...wondering if they will increase their operability with neighboring agencies...

The primary purpose is to upgrade the infrastructure as its 20years old approximately. Not sure if any portable are part of the amount.

Nypd does not use baofeng radios they use vertex.
Yonkers would probably go with the apx series radios ,currently they use the xts series.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Huh? Baofeng(sp)??

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Quote"They had portables that were crossbanded I don't remember the freq. but it was two different bands on a Motorola HTportable."

Having maintained YPD radios over the years many years ago this is the history as I know it starting in 1974. Yes they were on low band, I leave it to someone else to remember the frequency. That's also the days where their patrol cars looked like ConEd vehicles as they were orange. In the late 60's they got a new system by Motorola, and as Motorola does they built as super SP radio the HT-200 with a VHF transmitter and a UHF receiver mainly to keep anyone else from bidding. The bases were MSY Motracs as were the mobiles. The patrol cars only used a VHF antenna, since the radio received fine with it. In the 80's they went all UHF as Motorola couldn't build another model radio VHF/UHF I believe they used MT-500 portables, but they kept the VHF channels for UC work with street crime units. In about 1995 again Motorola built one of the first of their VSLEP digital radio systems on UHF (supposedly a sweetheart deal on pricing, but I don't know) with Astro Spectra'a and Astro Sabers. YPD REALLY wanted a radio system that no one could monitor, so they went with the VSLEP. Some where around 2002 or so they went all P-25 on their existing UHF channels. After that I can only rely on what others have said about the system.

When I was maintaining the system there were some real challenges with the UHF before simulcasting was introduced. Even a 225 watt transmitter on the East end of the City wouldn't cover the West side. The voters had not even been looked at since initial installation, and we found bad base antenna's, and unplugged backup base stations in school closets. Overall very poor maintainence by Motorola service, who I think was really not wanting to maintain the system so it would fail and they could sell a new one circa 1991.

Status
Not open for further replies.