RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum


New York Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2017, 5:24 PM
MikeOxlong's Avatar
Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Central Ontario
Posts: 9,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studgeman View Post
It will be a phase 1 control channel. You will almost never see a phase 2 control channel (not sure standard is complete) because it breaks interoperability.

Control channels are the same whether it's a Phase I or Phase II system.
__________________
Mike.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2017, 5:42 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 19
Thumbs up Oneida County Radio Technicians Talk Groups

Oneida County Radio Technicians Talk Groups

1 (1) 005 (5) Oneida Simulcast Oneida

Also 154.250 is active

DEC : 65000 Radio Technicians
DEC : 65001 Radio Technicians
DEC : 65002 Radio Technicians
DEC : 65003 Radio Technicians

Unit ID : 991741 Radio Technicians
Unit ID : 991744 Radio Technicians
Unit ID : 300012 Radio Technicians
Unit ID : 6500011 Radio Technicians

Last edited by virtualspin315; 09-14-2017 at 5:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2017, 5:50 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
Control channels are the same whether it's a Phase I or Phase II system.
FWIW: There is provision in the standard for a phase II control channel. I don't believe it is finished, and I have never seen it implemented. It has been a low priority for TIA. For practical purposes it doesn't exist, yet.
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2017, 6:34 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studgeman View Post
It will be a phase 1 control channel. You will almost never see a phase 2 control channel (not sure standard is complete) because it breaks interoperability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studgeman View Post
FWIW: There is provision in the standard for a phase II control channel. I don't believe it is finished, and I have never seen it implemented. It has been a low priority for TIA. For practical purposes it doesn't exist, yet.
It doesn't exist yet, period.

In February, the TIA 'approved for ballot' a proposed standard for a TDMA control channel, however it is still very much a work in progress. No current TIA Project 25 standard includes any provision for a TDMA control channel, thus it only exists on paper at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 19
Thumbs up TESTING P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA

BCD436HP

Radio Technicians are testing P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA Talk Groups

PT0 = channel is receiving Phase II time slot 0
PT1 = channel is receiving Phase II time slot 1

P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA

65000 fde8 T Radio Techs Radio Technicians PT0 Phase II
65001 fde9 T Radio Techs Radio Technicians PT1 Phase II
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #86 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2017, 3:12 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 19
Smile radio range testing P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA

radio range testing

1 (1) 005 (5) Oneida Simulcast 151.010c 151.370a P25 Phase II fixed-end 2-slot TDMA
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2017, 4:41 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualspin315 View Post
PT0 = channel is receiving Phase II time slot 0
PT1 = channel is receiving Phase II time slot 1

65000 fde8 T Radio Techs Radio Technicians PT0 Phase II
65001 fde9 T Radio Techs Radio Technicians PT1 Phase II
FYI: talkgroups are not assigned to TDMA time slots on Phase II trunked systems; they use whatever repeater and slot is available. Fixed time slots is a DMR thing, not a P25 thing.
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 6:53 AM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oneida County, NY
Posts: 52
Default

I listened to the Radio Techs (talkgroup 65000) chatting last night via my BCD536HP. The audio was crap and I suspect this is my scanner. Is anyone else hearing it any better than I am and what are your settings? If they talked long enough, I might try to adjust the P25 threshold option. Any thoughts on tweaking this setting from Auto to Manual and then selecting a value?
__________________
Amateur Radio Extra Class
HackRF One, Icom IC-706MKIIG, Kenwood TS-590SG, Realistic PRO-2006, (3) RTL-SDR (RTL2832U), SDRPlay RSP, Uniden BCD536HP
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 8:00 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rome,NY
Posts: 62
Default

I put these 2 frequencies in my scanner . It kept stopping on both,showing a fairly high signal strength, but just noise. I took off the antenna off and it goes away. This was last night so wouldn't have been the techs.
Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 8:44 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0am3r View Post
I listened to the Radio Techs (talkgroup 65000) chatting last night via my BCD536HP. The audio was crap and I suspect this is my scanner. Is anyone else hearing it any better than I am and what are your settings? If they talked long enough, I might try to adjust the P25 threshold option. Any thoughts on tweaking this setting from Auto to Manual and then selecting a value?

What is your location? I have an bcd436HP and the audio is great. Did you update your firmware for your BCD536HP. That will fix your audio.

The talk groups for range testing are:

talkgroup 65000
talkgroup 65001
Reply With Quote
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 8:48 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 19
Default Range Testing In Utica

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacsr View Post
I put these 2 frequencies in my scanner . It kept stopping on both,showing a fairly high signal strength, but just noise. I took off the antenna off and it goes away. This was last night so wouldn't have been the techs.
There range testing towers on HIGBY ROAD and BURRSTONE RD. in Utica.
Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rome,NY
Posts: 62
Default

I did hear a quick blurb of a voice today . That's it. I'm a ways off the just North of Rome. I was just on the rubber duck antenna so that sounds about right.
Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oneida County, NY
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualspin315 View Post
What is your location? I have an bcd436HP and the audio is great. Did you update your firmware for your BCD536HP. That will fix your audio.

The talk groups for range testing are:

talkgroup 65000
talkgroup 65001
I am up in Camden using an outside antenna (Discone) fed with LMR-400 coax. I manually added the frequencies to a favorites list prior to the updates of RadioReference. So I wonder if I created my own issue? Maybe I will delete my additions and use the information from the RadioReference database to see if there is a difference.

I am quite positive my firmware is updated, but will check when I get home.
__________________
Amateur Radio Extra Class
HackRF One, Icom IC-706MKIIG, Kenwood TS-590SG, Realistic PRO-2006, (3) RTL-SDR (RTL2832U), SDRPlay RSP, Uniden BCD536HP
Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oneida County, NY
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacsr View Post
I did hear a quick blurb of a voice today . That's it. I'm a ways off the just North of Rome. I was just on the rubber duck antenna so that sounds about right.
Can you hear the control channel on 151.010? The South Charles Street site in Rome is transmitting because I can see the signal meter on my Icom 706 and it is strongest on Erie Boulevard.
__________________
Amateur Radio Extra Class
HackRF One, Icom IC-706MKIIG, Kenwood TS-590SG, Realistic PRO-2006, (3) RTL-SDR (RTL2832U), SDRPlay RSP, Uniden BCD536HP
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 1:08 PM
MegaHertz315's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central/Upstate NY
Posts: 176
Default

Listening on a Relm KNG. Coming in great from central Oswego County
__________________
Len
Central/ Upstate New York
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 1:09 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rome,NY
Posts: 62
Default

I'm getting 4 to 5 signal bars ,squelch off ,white noise. On 151.01 5 bars, no sound at all.
Reply With Quote
  #97 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2017, 2:01 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 19
Smile Range Testing Rome Towers

use the information from the RadioReference database.

They are range testing these towers below..

BASE RD NEAR JUDD RD
ORISKANY, NY ONEIDA County

216 S. CHARLES ST.
ROME, NY ONEIDA County ..
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rome,NY
Posts: 62
Default

A lot testing radios yesterday on Fire Control 154.37. Testing alot of radios with sequential numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)  
Old Today, 11:41 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 538
Default

They must have switched over to the simulcast
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions