Nia Co Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyair1

Trying to set up my 996xt for the new P25 freqs for Nia Co sheriff and fire. I'm using proscan to program my radio. What type of system do I set this as? Is it a P25 standard trunk or P25 one-freq trunk? I can't seem to get this system going. Is there NAC codes for these freqs??

nyair1

OK I'll give it another shot. Now do I make up a freq group and then a talkgroup in another group? Is this system like the nfta when I program one group for the site freqs and one for the talk group or units? Thanks

bigcam406

im not familiar with programming newer Unidens,i only use GRE's for my digital stuff.sorry I cant help you.theres an easier to read manuals for programming in this sites Wiki reference.

nyair1

Do you put all the freqs in they have listed? I tried again and im not picking anything up??

mjmurphy61

Premium Subscriber
All I can tell you is it is a very finnicky system. I live near KBUF and can only get the system occasionally. I do have an outdoor omni directional antenna.

bigcam406

im located across the lake and i dont have any issues receiving this system.it is quite reliable 99% of the time,weather permitting.

nyair1

Well i have a outdoor discone antenna thats about 30 ft in the air so i would think i can pick it up??

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Niagara System

Well i have a outdoor discone antenna thats about 30 ft in the air so i would think i can pick it up??

Hi nyair1, the system is setup to keep the signal mostly within the county boundaries. I have a hard time in Fort Erie Picking the system up because of the way they have set the system up, some times I can just pick the system up and most time I pickup nothing, very psoriatic.
Steve

nyair1

Hi nyair1, the system is setup to keep the signal mostly within the county boundaries. I have a hard time in Fort Erie Picking the system up because of the way they have set the system up, some times I can just pick the system up and most time I pickup nothing, very psoriatic.
Steve

Steve

Do you have to put in all the freqs that are listed? Thanks

Chris

mciupa

During a work break in Downtown Toronto, I put my HomePatrol-2 in Analyze Mode on this system and was able to discover an new talkgroup. 407 showed briefly. I didn't get any Unit ID's. I'm not sure what this talkgroup as I wasn't listening and from this distance if I do hear anything, it tends to be choppy.

If anyone can hear, it would be interesting to see what department it is.

My location is on the 17th floor in an office building about a mile north of the CN Tower and I'm using a HomePatrol-2 with a RadioShack 800 MHz antenna.

bigcam406

During a work break in Downtown Toronto, I put my HomePatrol-2 in Analyze Mode on this system and was able to discover an new talkgroup. 407 showed briefly. I didn't get any Unit ID's. I'm not sure what this talkgroup as I wasn't listening and from this distance if I do hear anything, it tends to be choppy.

My location is on the 17th floor in an office building about a mile north of the CN Tower and I'm using a HomePatrol-2 with a RadioShack 800 MHz antenna.

i will check for that tg tonight at work.could be another county wide patch.im using a PSR600 with a Watson 889 antenna,and my work is located in north Whitby.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Picking up System

I thought I would give the system a try again and I'm picking up the system the audio is Sporadic I only getting 2 bars on my 396t scanner but I am logging the talkgroups. When I play back the audio files some of the audio is bad but a lot of the audio files are great I am using Arc396tPro to log everything From Fort Eire, 407 has not come up so far but I have logged

All are in the list, I'll let it run for awhile and see if I pick up any unknown talkgroups.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

212 is Niagara County Sheriff ENCRYPTED Special Ops 2

Thanks for the information, I saw it in the log file and played the audio files, I'll let the scanner log for awhile longer.

Just sent this info into RR To,
212 is Niagara County Sheriff ENCRYPTED Special Ops 2

Steve

Last edited:

mciupa

Thanks Saint and metzeric, I've updated the database. :)

If the various town DPW's can be submitted, I'll get them in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.