NYSEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Hello all ~

Does anyone do much listening to NYSEG? I have it in my utilities list and don't listen a whole lot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how much of that system you have to have programmed. It takes a long time for the scanner to go through that list so I'm trying to whittle it down to just the CNY area.

I'm not sure if the software matters, I'm guessing it doesn't, but in sentinel for the 536 do you just import/delete the specific location or do you have to import all of the "unnamed" site numbers as well? I don't know if the site numbers correspond to a certain town/city or not because it doesn't appear to say what goes to which. If there is info on that I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for any info...

Last edited:

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I did nothing with my HP-2 except include the system from the RR DB. Wow! Really nice sounding system. Running the HP Extreme System Analyzer and am not certain exactly which sites I'm receiving. But I frequently see "Liberty" and "Vestal" appear (and of course they are in VERY different locations in NY). I'm in NE PA and both of them are very distant from me for VHF reception, so I'm assuming I'm getting everything from a nearby trunked site. But it's still a good long way from me. And yes, it does take forever to get through the NYSEG channels in the scan.... I have no idea how to "prune" that down.

AuntEnvy

Thanks pop

I did nothing with my HP-2 except include the system from the RR DB. Wow! Really nice sounding system. Running the HP Extreme System Analyzer and am not certain exactly which sites I'm receiving. But I frequently see "Liberty" and "Vestal" appear (and of course they are in VERY different locations in NY). I'm in NE PA and both of them are very distant from me for VHF reception, so I'm assuming I'm getting everything from a nearby trunked site. But it's still a good long way from me. And yes, it does take forever to get through the NYSEG channels in the scan.... I have no idea how to "prune" that down.

Yes, a very robust system indeed.

If you import one town/city the whole thing loads. I deleted the areas/TG's that aren't around me but all the site numbers are still there. I don't know enough about this trunking stuff or the system/sites to figure out what can and can't be taken out and still get good coverage for one specific area to make it a little more efficient/quicker to scan.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
They are the only reason I have 5 P25 capable scanners! Always been a utility buff & have a HP-1 & 996T here in the shack. Both are loaded with all cc's. Takes a little time to scan through everything, but I have heard comms on CC's not assigned to the Brewster & Westchester locations.

They were VERY busy the other night during the wind & rain storm we had.

Bob
Putnam county, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.