Suffolk 700mhz P25 Phase 2 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
Suffolks new 700mhz p25 phase 2 system is on the air. Not all the sites are on the air yet but more are coming online each day. Control Channel is 773.65625. SysId 3CE WACN BEE00

Last edited:

CqDx

Been waiting for this one for quite a while, thanks for the note.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
FRES has bought in to this. Look to the future of all Suffolk FDs having at least one TG. Because of the required give back of the T-band that so many Suffolk departments are using! It will also bring up the fire ground issue: Point to Point vs repeater and analog vs digital.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
The T Band give back will never go through

The NYPD uses it and they gust got licensed for new T Band channels call sign WIK - - -
Fill in the bland and they expire 2025

That bill does not even make sense if you read it

If you vote in November your all nuts

These politician look to ruin everything including this hobby😡😡

ff026

Feed Provider
FRES has bought in to this. Look to the future of all Suffolk FDs having at least one TG. Because of the required give back of the T-band that so many Suffolk departments are using! It will also bring up the fire ground issue: Point to Point vs repeater and analog vs digital.

Rockland County FD's have been using 700/UHF for a few years now. All apparatus have 700 mobiles and fireground is UHF analog. 44-Control has receivers for fireground at every 700 mHz site. It works well.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Curious as to whether the site(s) at the East end of the island are live yet. No reception so far in SE CT but do get some 800 systems in nice weather.

chris

emt587

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything up in northern westchester yet.

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
Talk Group 6256 on the 700mhz system is Command Band from the 800mhz system. Only appears to be active during business hours.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Nothing happening on the western side of Suffolk. I've started to build this system in the RRDB, but it isn't "public" yet.

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
current control channel is 772.91875 talk group 6257 has be active. yesterday it was command band today its the 3rd prct. Im not sure what site im picking up at this point.

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
I took a ride past melville hauppauge,farmingville,and stony brook sites and none of those sites are active. i must be picking up the pq hq site in yaphank

BigDogg795

Kinda really glad I didn't "waste" money on a new scanner yet...if encryption does get turned on (which I personally believe it will) there's almost nothing to listen to lol.

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
I believe that too.... but even listening for a short time to me is worth it. There is always something to listen to. I mean if we lose the Cops- ok we do.... unless i'm missing something we will still have FD and EMS. I wont mention the mall security... thats depressing.

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
I took a ride past melville hauppauge,farmingville,and stony brook sites and none of those sites are active. i must be picking up the pq hq site in yaphank

The sites you are referring to... for instance Farmingville... you talking about Bald hill areas? you also mention Stony brook.... might that be the Hospital? Melville and Hauppauge.... I don't know those sites... I'm going out on a limb and guess that Melville might be "Jayne's hill"? and Hauppague might be the Dennison building?

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
Farmingville aka selden is bald hill area, stony brook site is at the hospital, melville site is at mt misery, hauppauge site is along the lie by route 111. theres a site at the va hospital in northport, a site out in calverton, hampton park, sag harbor, south hampton, amagansett, east hampton, greenpoint, jamesport, montaulk gator, and eastport.
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQVX713 - SUFFOLK, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQVX716 - SUFFOLK, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQWS812 - SUFFOLK, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQWS815 - SUFFOLK, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.