DMR Coming To Uniden Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

Those interested in monitoring the numerous DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) stations that transmit in the NYC area will be interested in hearing that Uniden will add that capability to their flagship scanners, the 436 portable and 536 base/mobile radios.

This will be accomplished by a paid firmware upgrade that should be available within the next few days. More information can be found here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-forums/333326-digital-mobile-radio-coming.html

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
SO ... just how many clams will this Dmr upgrade cost , Besides the inflated price of a 536 ?? :roll: 73, n9zas

Voyager

As stated in the announcement... $50 pre-order. I haven't seen a "regular" price yet.

You could always go the AOR route for only a "little bit" more. (about $500 more)

Of course, the AOR won't trunk anything.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm doubtful about this upgrade thing. It seems to me it would be a lot cheaper, and maybe more efficient to just use a digital trunking scanner along with a Dmr talkie, like maybe the MD-390 or something along those lines. :roll: 73, n9zas

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Unless there's something New York specific to discuss, threes not much reason to have multiple threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.