Citywide 1 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_S

I constantly listen to an agency called Citywide 1 on my scanner on 461.225 mhz. It is an excellent source of information about going-ons in and around the New York City area.

There are many agencies and services the seem to use the channel, and there are several dispatchers and units who give progress reports about incidents. For the past couple of months, I have been listening to a voice which sounds very familiar to me, a unit which identifies only as "9910"

When I was growing up, my father was a firefighter and scanner buff. We used to listen to Brooklyn Fire Radio all the time on 154.370, although they are now also on UHF. There was a very good dispatcher whose number was "210" who we used to listen to all the time. He must have left the job since I have not head him in years. But 9910 sounds just like him on the Citywide 1 channel and I was wondering if by chance this is now the same person? I would love to tell my father that his favorite dispatcher is back on the air if this if correct.

Does anyone else here listen to Citywide 1?

Thank you. Alex.,

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
On occasion, I hear Citywide 1 on the Spectrum DMR system here in NW NJ. It doesn't seem to be full time, just for certain incidents.

Alex_S

On occasion, I hear Citywide 1 on the Spectrum DMR system here in NW NJ. It doesn't seem to be full time, just for certain incidents.

This is the same Citywide 1 that is on 461.225 here in NYC? Can you tell me what frequency(s) the Spectrum DMR system in on in NW NJ ?

Thank you, Alex.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Is there any pl/dpl info for this? I'd like to put it into my TRBO radio. Is there a linked TRBO channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC2zZe

They used to be on 461.650 I believe and there is similar one on 453.000.
461.2250, 167.9 = Citywide One New York
453.0000, 167.9 = Citywide Radio New York
There's also Metro Fire Radio on 451.8500, 114.8.

In addition there is / was New York Central Radio (WQAF235, WQAQ317) / Metro Notification Service, Long Island Breaking News Radio System (WQEU308), and the New Jersey Metro Fire Photographers Association (F1 452.1750, 114.8; F2 451.8250, 179.9). I'm not sure if any of these groups are on the air still.

Last edited:

emcomm

the voice over citywide

Hi guys,

I'm a full time day shift dispatcher for CityWide Disaster Services (aka CW!). 9910 is a retired FDNY Assist Chief of Dispatch. Yes, he has a distinctive voice. I caught up with him last week at the bombing in Manhattan.

If you PM me I will tell you his name.

Also, CWDS is not affiliated with the other group you mentioned, which I do believe is now defunct.

regards,
SA #1811

Alex_S

Great Surprise Last Night

Hi guys,

I'm a full time day shift dispatcher for CityWide Disaster Services (aka CW!). 9910 is a retired FDNY Assist Chief of Dispatch. Yes, he has a distinctive voice. I caught up with him last week at the bombing in Manhattan.

If you PM me I will tell you his name.

Also, CWDS is not affiliated with the other group you mentioned, which I do believe is now defunct.

regards,
SA #1811

I also hear 9910 on the 440 ham band, so I checked his call letters here in the Amateur Radio Database and yes, that is the guy that me and my dad listened to when he was working at Brooklyn Fire Dispatch.

But last night I was really surprised and delighted to hear him actually dispatching on the Citywide 1 channel from about 9:30 at night til about 12:30 in the morning. I called my dad so he could listen as well.

All of you guys who are involved do really great work dispatching, but I guess the fact the 9910 did it for so many years for the Fire Department is why he really sounds so good doing it on your channel as well. He really makes your operation sound very professional, although as I said, everyone does good work.

Wishing you guys (and gals) all the best and keep up the good work. Alex.

Last edited:

richardbritt

Database Admin
Actually I have heard the same dispatcher when he was on 154.37. I was a Va Beach EMT and Firefighter back in the 1980s and when the band opened up NY came over our radios loud and clear. I spent many nights listing to NY fire calls.

Richard W4MCD

Status
Not open for further replies.