Delaware County

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

Not sure if I'm wasting my typing skills here or not, but found out the hard way a few weeks back (ya think I would have picked up on this sooner)...

Field units (mobile and portable) do NOT transmit on 46.06 with a PL... 110.9 is used ONLY by 911.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've removed the PL from that frequency in the database. Please make a submission for stuff like that in the future. Thanks! :)

onsceno

I wasn't going to bother, to be honest - though I understand what you mean. In all reality, 911 still uses 110.9. Worse comes to worse, I'd at least leave the PL and you can take it off to monitor the field.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the PL is not being used full-time by everyone operating on the frequency, then it's better to leave it blank. Otherwise you wind up with people who aren't tech-savvy unable to figure out (or fix) why they can only hear the dispatchers.

I'll put a note on the page explaining the situation.

SMFD34

Delaware Fire

There is a PL on the Tx side but the system is set up with a PL into each tower as well as a "countywide" PL that 911 can hear on any tower. Unsure what issues caused them to set things up like this but PL's are used, similar to the Law side, per tower. It is best, unless someone wanted to program each PL, to leave it as CSQ.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There is a PL on the Tx side but the system is set up with a PL into each tower as well as a "countywide" PL that 911 can hear on any tower. Unsure what issues caused them to set things up like this but PL's are used, similar to the Law side, per tower. It is best, unless someone wanted to program each PL, to leave it as CSQ.

That makes sense. Because low band propagates so well, and they have multiple towers to monitor on the consoles (all individual resources), using a single PL would cause a transmission to "light up" multiple towers. You'd thus wind up with a clear transmission on one or two resources on the console, along with terrible static on the other resources, making it difficult on the dispatcher's ears.

By using distinct P tones per tower site, you largely eliminate this problem, given that a transmission is only going to open squelch on one tower site, vs many or all of them. It also allows the 911 center to readily know which tower to reply back on.

We'll leave the listing CSQ, as this will prevent scanner users from missing transmissions where these differing PL tones are being used across the county.

D

DaveNF2G

Or you could do what was done on the old Scannist Pages and list each tower with the correct PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.