Hobart FD (Delaware County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

Hobart Fire District utilized a VHF repeater (159.3825 94.8). Repeater sounds great but I do have a question... I have noticed that alerts specific to Hobart FD that are heard over the primary 911 channel (46.06) are "rebroadcasted" over this VHF channel. I guess what I'm asking is --- is this something manually done by Delaware 911 OR is it something set up similarly to eDispatch where as the alert and dispatch is completed over 46.06 and, maybe recorded, and then rebroadcasted when queued over the VHF side?

I tried listening as closely as I could last night with their house fire on Main St. but was on the road heading out through Conesville into Durham so it was difficult to get a good time on the delay in broadcast over VHF after the low-band alert.

Thanks in advance!

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
It's most likely a pager hooked to a Zetron simplex repeater. Zetron units seem to be the popular and easy setup for something like this. When the pager alerts, a relay signals the Zetron unit to record. When the squelch drops, the unit will transmit in whatever radio its hooked to, and replay the recording. We had a bunch of these in my area before the county switched to UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.