NY SAR's Net...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

I heard what amounted to a ham radio club weekly roll call/check-in last night on the CNY SAR online feed channels, which appeared to be a repeater. (153.890?)

I heard someone checking in from NE corner of Oswego county and then later the "net controller" trying to pull in another weak caller by telling everyone to switch to "Granby repeater/channel 4". They were using 98xx numbers as identifiers. I'll assume this is the Pioneer S&R team and/or the Wilderness S&R team.

Does anyone know exactly what channels and frequencies those would be, and if this is something they do on a regular basis etc.? I have a EMS/SAR group in a couple of my scanners, and I searched the frequencies listed on the feed with my base setup to no avail. This is the first time I've noticed any activity.

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

AuntEnvy

I have, trying to figure out which one they were using from the feed and/or any other they might be using as the other feed frequencies listed are nys ranger/dec frequencies and I would imagine they aren't allowed to use those.

k2hz

Database Admin
"Granby" is probably Oswego County Pioneer SAR 153.995.

I think KB2ZTX administers the SAR system and provides the feed so you could PM him for details.

AuntEnvy

"Granby" is probably Oswego County Pioneer SAR 153.995.

I think KB2ZTX administers the SAR system and provides the feed so you could PM him for details.

That frequency used to be an Oswego county fire dispatch channel. Would they be able to use that now? I'm assuming it is either 153.890 or 154.770, both listed as repeaters.

As I said, I'm going by what the feed provider has listed as the frequencies covered. I was just curious if anyone knew about the roll call thing etc. and/or which of the two listed frequencies it would be.

Thanks for your replies guys.

k2hz

Database Admin
Oswego Fire paging was moved off of 153.995 to UHF and the frequency turned over to SAR for their use as listed in the RRDB.

The license for 154.770 expired and it was an odd situation in the past since 154.770 is the NYSP Troop E car to base frequency in adjacent counties.

The call sign listed for 155.160 is wrong. It is licensed to Pioneer SAR and the correct call is WPXV533. I have submissions pending to update the RRDB for these frequencies.

153.890 is the Onondaga County SAR repeater.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Both 154.770 and 155.160 have been deleted from the Oswego County page. 154.770 was a temporary assignment, as k2hz noted, and 155.160 duplicated the statewide SAR listing.

AuntEnvy

I wondered about the 154.770 as well k2, thank you. I was aware that was an SP frequency but noticed it wasn't listed as such any longer. They are still using it in E troop though.

I don't see 153.995 listed for SAR in the frequency search. I also wondered if maybe the frequencies listed on the feed were put in wrong or something akin to that.

I appreciate the info. I guess I'll have to put the 153 back in my EMS/SAR group. I used to be able to get that frequency strong here on my base but they must've changed the wattage or something, can't get it anymore.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
155.160 is Licensed to Oswego County SAR under Call Sign WPXV533. This is a Valid Call Sign for OCSAR as KNNT743 is a valid call sign for 155.160 for Onondaga County SAR Team. Additionally the NYS Federation of SAR is also licensed on 155.160 as WQYS406. The OCSAR license shows it is licensed for our Parish Tower Site.

R7 SAR teams have done extensive work with VHF systems in the area over the last 3 years. Repeaters in Cortland, Onondaga and Oswego have all been replaced and added including a voted system in Oswego County.

153.995 is licensed to Oswego County as WQWQ537 and is assigned to SAR. This is licensed at many sites however until funding is found it is not simulcast as it was by the county for paging. This replaced 154.770 that was previously used and licensed to Oswego County EMO.

R7 SAR Feed was updated with a new scanner and updates to the Brodcastify notes have been made. The UHF repeaters are also new.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Back to the original post, OCSAR is utilizing a net as WSAR does monthly to test equipment and get members used to the radios. WSAR uses a traditional public safety test while OCSAR follows a HAM style net. Either way does the intended purpose of checking gear and verifying where stuff does or does not work.

AuntEnvy

Back to the original post, OCSAR is utilizing a net as WSAR does monthly to test equipment and get members used to the radios. WSAR uses a traditional public safety test while OCSAR follows a HAM style net. Either way does the intended purpose of checking gear and verifying where stuff does or does not work.

Very good info k2, thank you. I think I got a handle on it now. The online feed I was monitoring must be slightly outdated as far as new frequencies etc are concerned.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I heard what amounted to a ham radio club weekly roll call/check-in last night on the CNY SAR online feed channels, which appeared to be a repeater. (153.890?)

I heard someone checking in from NE corner of Oswego county and then later the "net controller" trying to pull in another weak caller by telling everyone to switch to "Granby repeater/channel 4". They were using 98xx numbers as identifiers. I'll assume this is the Pioneer S&R team and/or the Wilderness S&R team.

Does anyone know exactly what channels and frequencies those would be, and if this is something they do on a regular basis etc.? I have a EMS/SAR group in a couple of my scanners, and I searched the frequencies listed on the feed with my base setup to no avail. This is the first time I've noticed any activity.

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

OCSAR is assigned 98xx series numbers in Oswego County. Additionally at the state level they utilize 78xx series.
WSAR is assigned 75xx series numbers.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Both 154.770 and 155.160 have been deleted from the Oswego County page. 154.770 was a temporary assignment, as k2hz noted, and 155.160 duplicated the statewide SAR listing.

Why was 155.160 removed from the page when its an active channel in Oswego County and Licensed to the SAR Team in that County ? Currently is at the Parish Tower and used on portables and mobiles.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I don't know of a Coordinated SAR Team in Cortland County at this time. There was a pretty active team about 15 years ago but as member left the team fell apart. Think they still have an "official" SAR group but know nothing of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.